JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Transfer from Galaxy Watch6 to Galaxy Watch Ultra

(Topic created: Thursday)
Matthewstorm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can someone please tell me how to transfer my data and cellular service from my old watch to the new one arriving soon? Much appreciated.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Mac-18
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think you just need to back up the old one to the wearables app, then set up the new one.
I haven't actually done this so someone who has please confirm or deny.
0 Likes
CPrince
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Confirm
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
When you are setting up the watch in the wearable app, it will ask you if a new device or from a backup. Choose backup, follow instructions from there. Make sure to remove mobile plan from old watch first.
0 Likes
Matthewstorm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

OK, so I'm upgrading to the ZF6 from the S24 and the Watch6 Classic. Should I delete the mobile plan from my watch before setting up the new phone and only pair the new watch with the ZF6? Or pair the old watch before the new watch? I wish Samsung had instructions for this.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
Solution
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would set up the new phone using Smart Switch first.

Then transfer old watch to the new phone.from your watch, go to settings, general, transfer to new phone. You will prompted on the screen what to do. Open the wearable app on your Fold, you should your watch pop up on the wearable app. Give all permissions, yada yada.

Now that that is done, power up the new watch n the wearable app, tap on the lines top left corner tap on + the new watch should pop up pretty quickly, it will ask if you want to set up from a back up. You might have to sign in to your provider, the wearable app will walk you through everything. It pretty simple. When you decide you are going to keep the new watch you can then factory reset the watch if you are trading it in.
Matthewstorm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks a lot. So, I don't need to delete the mobile profile from the old watch before pairing to the new one? The mobile plan will transfer over?

Again, thanks a lot. 

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes
bchildress
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did have in one situation where I had to delete watch mobile plan on old watch so it saw it was available but other times I just disabled it. I was thinking I couldn't use it with my pixel phone but was surprised when it volunteered to set it up for me on mobile network
0 Likes