JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to back up Galaxy watches manually on One UI 5, backs up via Smart Switch

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 01:13 PM)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why in the world would you take away the ability to back up our watches manually in the Wearable app? Make it make sense, I have to wait for what is now "PERIODICALLY" to back up my watch, how often is periodically? If you switch to store backups to Samsung Cloud, how does that work, when does that happen?

If anyone knows the answer please let me know!
166 Replies
buzz22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hate this lol I like to manually tell it
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here
samsamsamsamsamsam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

This isn't "solved", why is it marked as such? It's still broken for anyone who doesn't have a samsung phone.

ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not sure how thats Samsungs fault if someone chooses to use a non Samsung phone with the watch?
0 Likes
MikenSam
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
It now backs up automatically and you have to have Samsung Smart Switch app installed i had the same problem
buzz22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I mean I've always had the app before but I could manually tell it to backup to smart switch and or my Google account, now I can't manually do either it seems
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
This functionality was taken away. There is always a chance it could return.
samsamsamsamsamsam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

They broke something that wasn't broken. And, they took the ability to use it on anything but a samsung phone.

Nice job, samsung.

user8z3D64o55G
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Almost everything was restored from my last watch 5 pro backup when I paired the watch 6 Classic.  I updated everything and then went to back it up only to find the option gone. 

useroiYGjsCBXi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

You must be using a Samsung phone if it allowed you to use a 5 Pro backup to restore to your new 6. I was hoping for that like I had for the 3 and 5 where it worked with a Pixel, now it doesn't.

0 Likes