Original topic:

Unable to receive notifications for apps such as Snapchat and Weather Channel on Galaxy watch 6

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Jasmine1994
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased the Samsung Watch 6 about a month ago. I have the Watch 4 prior to this one. There's some apps that I have been not been getting notifications on, like Snapchat, Weather Channel, etc.

I have went through the settings and the apps are not in the list to turn on the notifications at all.

Any help appreciated.
0 Likes
11 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

is your watch LTE or BT? are those particular apps on your phone or on phone and watch?

0 Likes
Jasmine1994
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is only BT capable.
I looked for the apps on the Watch 6 Google Play Store. Those 2 apps aren't for the Watch 6. I guess I just need to wait on the update.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have apps on my phone that I do not also have on my Watch 6. in those cases, I still receive notifications on my watch. confirming: Wearable > watch settings > notifications > app notifications > toggle on All apps and see if that solves your problem. you can also try to clear the cache partition in your watch and see if that helps.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Jasmine1994 Not sure if you have checked this or not. Open the Wearable app, make sure that the watch is selected. Click on Watch settings -> Notifications -> App notifications. Do you see those apps in this list?

If you find the app, does it say "Blocked o phone" under the app name? This means that you have turned off the notification on the phone. The watch won't get notifications for apps which have their phone notifications turned off. 

0 Likes
Jasmine1994
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, the Snapchat or Weather Channel app doesn't show up on the Wearable apps list at all.
0 Likes
Jasmine1994
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the phone to see if that would help as well.
0 Likes
Jasmine1994
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Both apps are installed on the phone (I use both apps and get notifications for both) but they do not show up in my Apps lists for my phone notifications.
0 Likes
Jasmine1994
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
My Phone notifications list.1712880838011_1712880837998_0.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Jasmine1994 That seems rather weird. But if they don't show up in your phones notifications they aren't going to be sent to your watch. 

0 Likes