Original topic:

Unable to set up LTE on my Watch 7 Ultra through Mint Mobile

(Topic created: 07-31-2024 03:35 PM)
Larryag999
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am unable to get the LTE function working on my Watch 7-Ultra.  There are conflicting responses over the necessity of having a second stand-alone plan dedicated to the watch.  My provider is Mint Mobil.  When talking with them they say they do not support smart watches with only a phone plan.  So I bought a second plan (different phone number).  Mint tells me the plan is active.  They provide a QR code to link the device to the plan, but as you know there is no way to scan a QR code with the watch.  Therefor I would need to enter the connection data manually (i.e. the SM-DP+Address and Activation Code).  Samsung support agents tell me there is no way to do that using only the watch itself.  Any thoughts ?

0 Likes
11 Replies
DeathWars
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mint Mobile doesn't support watch service you would have to switch to a provider that does like T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon I know some cheaper carriers do like Cricket but it's only for Apple watches at the moment just depends on the carrier you go to and use with what they offer.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I use Metro for my Watch 6, its $10 extra a month
0 Likes
Larryag999
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does Metro do it with one plan ? (i.e the same phone number as your phone ?)

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes
0 Likes
Larryag999
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

In speaking with Mint they said they don't support smart watches... with the same plan.  They did say they have many other users with smart watches that use their service, but they have a second plan.  That's why I bought the second plan.  And yes, you are correct, when I called T-Mobile (Mint's parent company, or maybe partner) they said they do support smart watches, but I needed a second plan there also.  At this point I have the second plan, it's activated, with a different phone number... I just can't get the watch (itself) to accept the connection data.  If I scan the QR code they provide with my phone... it will change the phone to the new plan.  I don't want that.  And BTW... T-Mobile is way more expensive for their base plan, and the add-on second plan for the watch is more than the Mint Mobile stand-alone main plan with my current phone.  My phone cost would triple at least if I switched to T-Mobile.  LTE on the watch is simply not worth it as the watch will accept calls as long as I have my phone near. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy WearOS watches only support Number Share (or equivalent) plans which means you need to have a phone plan and then Number Share for the watch. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Having a second plan doesn't guarantee access to the network. Keep in mind that the process involves "replicate or mirroring" a secondary number for your smartwatch to your main phone number. MVCO such as Mint, Cricket and others provide the services as it will add cost and infrastructure services to their facilities, which are provided by the major companies such as T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T.
0 Likes
TonyTypeS
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Tmobile has a watch plan for only $10 right now. Even better is to get the free Apple Watch with the plan and sell it later on šŸ™‚

I'm only paying $5 for my watch plan not DIGITS plan with Tmobile. Got the $5 promotion a couple years ago.
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Which watch are you running without Digits? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes