Original topic:

Watch 6 beta & Google Wallet challenge

(Topic created: a week ago)
Corgi-lover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Tried to add cards that are in Google Wallet on my phone (S22 ultra) and get the following message that is clearly related to the beta. 

This watch can't be set
up to tap to pay
Your watch doesn't meet security standards to make contactless payments. It may be rooted or running uncertified software. For more info visit Google Pay Help or contact your device manufacturer.
8 Replies
SamSaxSung
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have cards already added and get a similar message when trying to tap to pay.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's normal if you're using the beta on the watches the wallets don't work

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Corgi-lover Any Beta issues should be posted in the dedicated Beta discussion area. As @GaryB82 said, this is normal with Beta builds. 

0 Likes
Corgi-lover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you. Would you please provide a link to the beta area. Ty
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Corgi-lover The link to the Beta discussion area is in the Beta banner in the Samsung Members app. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Watch/ct-p/us-bp-watch?page=1&tab=recent_topics 

Corgi-lover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you

0 Likes
The_Chief
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Exactly - beta firmware is not final, signed firmware. Therefore, most payment (and a lot of banking) apps will not work on it.
Corgi-lover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
That explains everything & also makers perfect sense. Thank you. Unless I missed it, I'd like to see that statement near the top of the beta agreements.