Original topic:

Watch 7 Ultra: Heart rate sensor with tattoos

(Topic created: 09-07-2024 06:10 AM)
throwingcircles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi all.

While I am enjoying my Watch 7 Ultra, I am disappointed that the watch does not work with the Heart Rate sensor and tattoos. Considering this watch is designed for the "fitness enthusiast," I would assume that a fair percentage of us are tattooed.

Google released an update in June that got the Pixel Watch and Pixel Watch 2 to work on my sleeve tattooed arm, my Heart Rate worked just fine.

Is this something that Samsung can do, or has any plans to do?

To be clear, this has nothing to do with notifications and the wrist detection items. I get notifications, and have disabled wrist detection. This is squarely aimed at the fact that the HR sensor on a brand new watch does not work where other watches from other companies do.

Johnny87auxs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I have two sleeves on each arm, the watch doesn't even read my heart rate , nor track my sleep. Whats the point of having it? Please update this issue Samsung as this is a huge disappointment !!!!

Options
Galaxy Watch
The ink from the tattoos can confuse the sensor on the watch to think it's not being worn i guess
0 Likes
landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The issue is that your tattoo makes it hard for the sensor to determine the watch is on your wrist, other watches have similar issues such as the Apple Watch.  Turn off wrist detection under Settings -> Security and Privacy.  That should help if not completely resolve the issue.

Members_NsSZeCF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do black people have this problem?

0 Likes
Ziahh
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
What does that have to do with anything??
0 Likes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can confirm Black people don't have that problem the galaxy watch ultra reads my heart rate and tracks my sleep.
Johnny87auxs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This does not fix the issue... Watch is useless now......

0 Likes
Members_6GyHptN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

There no such option on Security and Privacy. Where I can find this?

HQuinn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I found it. Going to your watch, settings, security and privacy. Uncheck the wrist detection.
0 Likes
HQuinn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Fixed my issue. 20240907_081348_1000020750_1725714832.jpg20240907_081355_1000020751_1725714837.jpg