JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch does not receive or make calls or text when away from phone

(Topic created: 09-18-2020 07:49 AM)
user1lLZdPv9ws
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my Active 2 watch (model # SM-R825U) in December just after Christmas at US Cellular. I was told when I purchased the watch that I would be able to receive and make calls and texts with the watch even if the phone wasn't with me. This is the main reason why I decided to purchase the watch instead of get a new Fitbit that was significantly cheaper. Well, my watch has never received or made calls or texts unless the phone is nearby. This makes exercising difficult if I have to have my phone on me. I went to US Cellular today to find out why, thinking maybe they didn't activate something on my account and they sent me to this site. I hope you can help. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Assuming that you bought the LTE version?

If so you should see on your phone bill from US Cellular a charge for the line going to your watch just like the one going to your phone. If you see that, then you should contact US Cellular and make sure that they have linked your phone's number properly to your watch's number so that calls to your phone's number will ring on your watch. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Do you have bluetooth on a connected to the phone? From what I understand if you do your phone will always receive calls and texts. Try turning off bluetooth. Also make sure Mobile is set to always on not auto.
If this helps hit the like and solution.
user1lLZdPv9ws
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If I shut off blue tooth the watch doesn't receive calls or texts at all. With it on I have the option of answering the phone or the watch. I need the watch to work without the phone being nearby.

Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

Assuming that you bought the LTE version?

If so you should see on your phone bill from US Cellular a charge for the line going to your watch just like the one going to your phone. If you see that, then you should contact US Cellular and make sure that they have linked your phone's number properly to your watch's number so that calls to your phone's number will ring on your watch. 

user1lLZdPv9ws
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm sure that's the problem. They told me there would be a monthly fee, but I have never been charged. I wasn't at an actual US Cellular store today, just an authorized agent. I will go to an actual store this afternoon and hopefully they can fix it. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user1lLZdPv9ws wrote:

I'm sure that's the problem. They told me there would be a monthly fee, but I have never been charged. I wasn't at an actual US Cellular store today, just an authorized agent. I will go to an actual store this afternoon and hopefully they can fix it. 

That definitely sounds like the issue then. 

0 Likes