JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why isn't my Galaxy Fit2 smartwatch recognized by Samsung?

(Topic created: 08-27-2022 11:15 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got a Galaxy Fit2 as a gift, and I noticed that the software version was fake because according to all the research I've done (as well as your confirmation on what the latest software version is), the latest software version is R220XXU1AVB8. My smartwatch, however, has a software version of R220XXU1AVB9, which is non-existent. 

I brushed it off as a mistake — maybe I was overthinking it, and that R220XXU1AVB9 really is the latest software update. But then, I logged onto my Samsung Members' app, and tried to register my new Galaxy Fit2 smartwatch, and nothing made any sense to me. 
  • The QR code, which I'm honestly not sure what it's supposed to be, is incorrect. What pops up when the QR code is scanned is HQ60431489000YT
  • The model number is incorrect. The model number on the packaging is SM-R220NZKALTA, and I haven't really seen any reputable stores selling that exact model. 
  • The serial number is incorrect. It's <hidden> and unrecognizable by the Samsung Members app. 
  • On the packaging, it says it was manufactured on 2022.07.12, but I'm not sure if that means anything.
My questions are... 
  • Why doesn't Samsung Members recognize the Galaxy Fit2's software version, model number, and serial number? 
  • Has the accessory been compromised (i.e. hacked or is infected with malware)? 
  • How can I fix all of these issues?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello @Anonymous

We definitely understand your frustrations with not being able to register your Galaxy Fit2. Unfortunately, the model SM-R220NZKALTA is an international watch. This watch was manufactured for use in Latin America. International devices do not qualify for warranty in the United States and cannot be registered in the U.S. However, we were able to verify that the serial number you provided is valid. For support of this device, you will need to reach out to either the retailer or to Samsung Latin America. https://www.samsung.com/latin/watches/galaxy-fit/galaxy-fit2-black-bluetooth-sm-r220nzkalta/

View solution in context

3 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Anonymous 

Where did you buy the device? It's possible that you somehow got a device not meant to be sold in your market.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
The accessory was bought from Amazon (US).
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello @Anonymous

We definitely understand your frustrations with not being able to register your Galaxy Fit2. Unfortunately, the model SM-R220NZKALTA is an international watch. This watch was manufactured for use in Latin America. International devices do not qualify for warranty in the United States and cannot be registered in the U.S. However, we were able to verify that the serial number you provided is valid. For support of this device, you will need to reach out to either the retailer or to Samsung Latin America. https://www.samsung.com/latin/watches/galaxy-fit/galaxy-fit2-black-bluetooth-sm-r220nzkalta/