JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

iHeartRadio won't connect on Galaxy Watch

(Topic created: 05-22-2023 05:32 AM)
AbnermalitysAsylum
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
• I have a 1st Generation Samsung Galaxy Watch [i.e.; not Active, 2, 3, 4, 5, et cetera].
• I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+.
• I've had the iHeartRadio app installed on my S8+ for 4 years now.
• I've had the iHeartRadio for Gear app installed on my Galaxy Watch for 3 years now.

• The iHeartRadio for Gear app used to work perfectly on my Galaxy Watch, to control the iHeartRadio app on my S8+, for the first year. After that, I could no longer use it to do so. So, I stopped trying to control the app on my S8+ from the app on my Galaxy Watch.
• Earlier, this evening, I attempted to start the app on my Galaxy Watch, and something completely new happened. It stated, "Device not connected or connection lost. Please pair them and relaunch iHeartRadio Gear Control."

▪︎My Galaxy Watch is connected to my S8+ via Bluetooth.
▪︎I made sure the app on my S8+ was running, and streaming when I opened the app on my Galaxy Watch. Same result.
▪︎I did the same, without actively streaming. Same result.
▪︎I already uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my Galaxy Watch. Same result.
▪︎I restarted my Galaxy Watch. Same result.
▪︎The Notification setting for the iHeartRadio for Gear App is switched [On] on my Galaxy Watch.
▪︎All of both apps' Default settings, and Permissions, are [On] and intact.
▪︎The default Music App on my Galaxy Watch keeps taking control over the app on my S8+. Even when I switched its audio source to the Galaxy Watch [rather than my S8+], left it running in the background, and opened the iHeartRadio for Gear app on the Galaxy Watch, it produced same result.
▪I searched online for a possible solutions, but found zero specific to my two devices. So, here I am.

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@AbnermalitysAsylum Have you checked with the developers of that app? It may be that and update was applied and the app no longer supports those old systems. 

0 Likes
Bahall777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the Galaxy Watch 6 and it won't connect either.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the iheartradio application. If it's just this application, it may be an issue with the app developer, as long hiker has advised previously.

First, make sure that you're completely up-to-date with your software.

Next, try deleting and reinstalling the application from the play store.

If the connection issue continues, I would recommend checking out the following link:  iheart Support 

Within that link you can also find a "Contact Us" option for iHeart Radio's app developers. I would recommend reaching out to them directly if none of these steps were helpful. More than likely an update will be needed on their end for the application to work properly with the latest software for your devices. 

0 Likes