JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

problem registering for warranty

(Topic created: 04-13-2021 07:41 PM)
green5178
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got a note from Samsung moderator that said that the way to fix my warranty was to call the account team even though I mentioned in my post I called account team 3 times and got no where so to me that is not a solution.  But they closed the thread and marked it as a solution.  I understand their point so no worries. Again my issue is i bought a watch and couldnt register  it.  To help other people this is what finally fixed it 98% of the way.  Basically samsung website asks for a serial number but when you enter it on the website it does not recognize it.  I tried to register through the Samsung member app on my phone.  What i noticed was instead of the serial number it registered via the IMEI number instead despite the fact it asks for the serial number.  When i use the camera on my phone to take a picture of the bar code on the box it used the IMEI number instead.  The reason i said its 98% fixed is they put the wrong start date on the warranty but its off by only 1 week so its close enough at this point.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.**

4 Replies
Solution
green5178
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

So the solution is to register using your phone and the samsung member app.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.**

member_560dmx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

No, This does not work, at least for me it didn't. I'm only trying to register a simple Samsung MicroSD Card Plus 512GB. I'd hate to see the problems others with bigger products are having.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am sorry to hear of your difficulties registering the MicroSD card. Unfortunately, SD cards and similar products cannot be registered the same way as phones and watches. For purposes of the warranty, you would need to keep the receipt. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

0 Likes
member_560dmx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks, I have the receipt, so no problem there, but it let's me register the card ,and even accepts the serial #, but afterwards it says " unable to verify warranty. Check the serial from your product, not the box, and enter it here to complete registration." It's just weird, but thanks for letting me know receipt will do.
0 Likes