JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Seems like you've stopped. Finish workout?"

(Topic created: 07-15-2024 01:38 AM)
Jusson90
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

As the subject and location suggests, my watch during the middle of a workout has started repeatedly pausing the workout and saying "Seems like you've stopped. Finish workout?" And it does not matter how much I'm moving, how high my heart rate is, or how many times I tell it to resume. The watch did not do this last month and it does not matter what workout I'm doing. Whether I'm walking, running, lifting weights, rowing, doing a dynamic workout, about every 20 seconds to 2 minutes this notification pops up.

I've done everything I can from restarting the watch, resetting the watch, checking for updates, going into each exercise choice and turning off "Auto Pause", going into the settings and turning off "Activities to detect" on both the phone Samsung Health app and in the watch. I've even called Samsung tech support and the man I talked to was saying that it must be an app causing it but i've turned off all app notifications except messaging apps.

The only thing I can think that might be going on is I cannot change "Auto detect workouts" in the Advanced option of the Samsung Health app settings.

I need help.

57 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh okay I don't have tattoos but the turning off wrist detection has been around for quite a while for people with tattoos. I did not realize that it also affected the workouts.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Makes sense. Wasn't sure if that was available with the 4. The biggest issue is this only started with a recent update and there isn't one post that says to disable. It has been a couple months now so not sure what Samsung did when that update came out but from what I can tell anyone with tattoos got **bleep**.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you wearing the watch snugly enough?  If it's not snug, the sensors can't read, tattoos or no tattoos.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Also, you got a 6.0 update for the watch 4? I didn't. I'm still on 5.0

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes the watch is snug. Once the update came out my watch started to mess up. I have been on forums and tech support a number of times. Once tech support asked if I had tattoos I initially ignored it because it was " obvious" it was a software issue. Then I checked the operation of the wrist sensor and it keeps failing when over tattoos. That is when I disabled that feature and for the first time in months I didn't have any issues..

For 6.0 I signed up for the beta which took 2 minutes and installed it on my watch. I did it through Samsung members app.
0 Likes
Monieca
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does doing a reset on watch 6 affect the beta ? If not can you roll back to pre beta software on watch 6?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a watch 4. I downloaded the 6.0 beta software to see if that would fix the issue which it did not.
0 Likes
chrispy9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the new watch 7 and on update 6.0 playing squash tonight and it constantly went off like 10 times asking me if I'm still working out. Insanely frustrating i played for over an hour and I recorded 20 minutes

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Do you have tattoos?
0 Likes
VampiratePenny
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I love how it says it's resolved but it most certainly has not been resolved. Still happening while actively working out. Tgis is a software issue that Samsung refuses to acknowledge. This renders these expensive "fitness watches" worthless if they can't in fact track our fitness properly. Total piece of junk.