Re: Samsung galaxy watch causing pain

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sent
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, thank you for your post.

I wanted to know if there has been any resolution to this? I recently purchased a Samsung Gear FitPro2 two weeks ago and had to stop wearing it because of the excrutiating pain it was causing from my fingers up to my elbow. I have not warn it for a few days, but the pain remains, even as I type this post. I've worn watches and bands at the same spot on my wrist all my life with no issues and have always been a fan of Samsung products. Planning on going to the doctor next week to get my wrist checked out. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0fjaMq69jd Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing? Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My gear S3 has a similar feeling after some software update last year which I then stopped wearing it. It feels like a small sharp pain due to heat or very mild electrical current where the watch touches the skin. I thought it was just my imagination but apparently not. Pain goes away just hours of not wearing the watch. I've tried updating software, resetting it but doesn't seem to help

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was curious about this my arm to wrist yo elbow has also been hurting me. Weird that it could be the smart watch I got for Christmas.. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My gear S3 frontier has been doing the same thing even if I listen it a whole bunch.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same pain you described! I'm not sure what's going on did you receive any feed back? 

@userYIHVOnrGR9 wrote:

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any pain in their wrist, arm, and fingers when wearing the new Galaxy Watch LTE 42mm? I've had mine since the 29th or April, and over time it has gone from a tingle to full on nerve pain. My wrist aches and pain shoots up to my elbow and down to my pinky finger. It slowly subsides when I take my watch off. It's not too tight or too loose (I was constantly changing the tightness thinking this was the issue) I would never have thought a watch could cause this pain but after searching the net there seems to be a few people with the same reports from other smart watches. Could the sensors cause something like this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not a thing. I was allowed to return the watch (the pain being only one of the problems of a few) and ir was never mentioned again. No follow up, no answer here. And as you can see there is 15 pages of people with the exact same symptoms. I moved to a Fitbit Charge 3 not long after and have had it almost a year now and have never experienced the pain I did with the Samsung Galaxy Watch. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes Im experiencing the same pain thats what lead me here. I dont wear my watch tight either. I honestly believe its the sensors causing nerve damage. My arm is in so much pain right now i want to cry. Samsung please take note of this conversation. 

@userYIHVOnrGR9 wrote:

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any pain in their wrist, arm, and fingers when wearing the new Galaxy Watch LTE 42mm? I've had mine since the 29th or April, and over time it has gone from a tingle to full on nerve pain. My wrist aches and pain shoots up to my elbow and down to my pinky finger. It slowly subsides when I take my watch off. It's not too tight or too loose (I was constantly changing the tightness thinking this was the issue) I would never have thought a watch could cause this pain but after searching the net there seems to be a few people with the same reports from other smart watches. Could the sensors cause something like this?

@userYIHVOnrGR9 wrote:

@userYIHVOnrGR9 wrote:

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same symptoms and have posted elsewhere in the community with no response from Samsung 😕