JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Streaming from PC to TV

(Topic created: 07-09-2022 11:21 AM)
userR2Ln8U6ub4
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi I bought a SAMSUNG UE55AU7172UXXH and i wanted to watch some of my TV shows on it from my PC. Windows 10 offers this function cast to device from media player. And I'm able to do it and see my shows no problem until, one of my shows, file format being MKV dropped an error saying file media is not supported, I tried 3rd party programs to cast to TV and they all say this format is not viable... that I need to convert... That would make sense but, when I put the shows on a usb stick and plug it to the TV suddenly it can read the MKV files and show it to me no problem.

So my question is. How can I stream all kinds of media files from my PC to TV via wi fi without the hassle of first putting the files to usb and then plunging them to the TV ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userR2Ln8U6ub4
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
3 Replies
userR2Ln8U6ub4
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

UPDATE

Even more bizarre thing accured. I put some files to my USB stick that are  .AVI. And the TV can't read them.... But when I click cast to TV from PC, the TV plays the file no problem... This is a big inconvenience am thinking of returning the TV and just getting an LG one, didn't had such problems with there OP system.

0 Likes
Solution
userR2Ln8U6ub4
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

UPDATE

Found myself a fix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPHuJiDAd-8

userR2Ln8U6ub4
Asteroid
Options