JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 02-22-2021 06:11 AM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Tried soft/hard reset of remote and TV (smart hub reset, and full reset of TV to factory settings) multiple times per day for several weeks. Volume is stuck within 2-3 numbers (i.e. 21-24, or 30-33). After multiple remote and TV resets over the course of the last several months, my TV is no longer allowing me to open up APPs. I am getting a message prompt to agree to terms and conditions. After agreeing to all terms and conditions, I continue to get the same prompt. Volume is stuck and now I'm unable to use any apps (netflix, disney+, youtube) which I pay a subscription fee for. 

I spoke with a samsung support tech yesterday who told me the volume issue is due to a faulty software update glitch for this model from January 2021 which has not yet been resolved (even though I've had this issue for about 6 months). His solution was that I continue to reset the remote (which does not fix the volume problem) continually until the software update comes through. I was not given an estimate on when the update would get pushed out. This is unacceptable My TV is unusable and I am no longer able to use apps that I pay for. If this is not fixed timely, how is samsung taking care of the thousands (or more) of customers stuck with this faulty software glitch for this model?

userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Model Code: UN55MU6300

Serial Number: <HIDDEN>

Software Version: T-KTMAKUC-1290.3 , BT-S

0 Likes
userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello? Does anybody read these things? Very dissatisfied customer here. I've got a house filled with Samsung appliances, and they all seem to work fine except the TV that was force-updated with bad software.

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Apologies, this isn't always the fastest channel of support. If you're wanting a quick resolution, you would need to call into 1-800-SAMSUNG. 

Is the TV plugged into a surge protector or a wall outlet directly?  How long have you had this TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

SamsungAl - Any recommendations? Why does it matter if the TV is plugged into a surge protector or directly into a wall outlet? 

0 Likes
userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

TV is plugged directly into the wall, and I've tried both outlet receptacles. I've had the TV for about 3 years. I've discussed this problem at length with four separate Samsung experts over the last 24 hours. I've also seen dozens of similar complaints from Samsung customers with the same issue. I sincerely hope there is a remedy for this that takes care of the customers that have been dealing with what is clearly a product/software defect with no solution.

userLHgVQNznWQ
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for this. All same exact issues and no response from anyone else. 

userG3T5SfpJjl
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

FIXED (for now) - I performed another Reset on the TV (Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset), followed by initial setup (Settings > General > Initial Setup), and logged back into my Samsung account. From there, I was finally able to gain access to the SmarTV Apps function. After seeing another similar post describing issues with available memory space, I checked my downloaded apps, and found over a dozen garbage apps that must have auto-downloaded. I deleted every app except those I regularly use, and a small handful of base apps with no option to delete (i.e. Hulu, Prime TV, Vudu, Internet, etc.). This left me with about 11% memory remaining. Miraculously, my volume is no longer stuck and the TV operates normally, going on about an hour. I've adjusted the volume about 50 times already with no issues. First time the TV is behaving normally in about 3 months. Hope this is helpful. Good luck out there.

Andino1862
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Had the same stuck volume and occasional flashing mute issues on my TV. I saw a suggestion on another thread regarding freeing up or providing more memory. I Also went in and deleted a good number of unwanted/unneeded apps. It's been about a week now and the volume has been behaving normally. Volume works fine with both the samsung remote and the cable remote. So far, so good. 

userX2f97heXgW
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I would be careful with this potential solution (Reset on the TV (Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset), followed by initial setup (Settings > General > Initial Setup)).  I had the same problem of the volume not working, and I followed these steps.  I got the volume working (which is good), but now nothing else works.  I don't think it's the remote because the physical button on the TV doesn't do anything either:  Power button doesn't work so I can't turn the TV off, Home button doesn't bring up the Smart Hub so I can't switch sources, start an app, or go into settings.  It's like before the "fix" everything worked except for volume.  Now after the "fix" nothing works except for volume.

0 Likes