userVT9y5mlnhS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

My blue ray player has the latest firmware (version BSP-C6500WWB-1028.0),

connects successfully to internet(picture attached). I have done factory reset

& initial setup many times but no luck. After going to the Internet@TV screen

I never get to the agreement page, instead a message starting with "Connect to the

Internet & enjoy variety of contents through Internet@TV" is shown. On pressing

enter key on remote, a detailed page(showing +Internet  in right bottom) is

shown which times out to initial "Internet@TV" activation page after a few minutes.

This behavior is consistent. Please help.

Thanks

0 Likes
user3GQ5iiAoYR
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

have to set the time manual, then it all works.   easy fix.  

userpwkFvUgEST
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Thanks!

After spending a good amount of time with support, nothing accomplished. Then I read your post about  the time setting and Voila!  The manual clock setting seems that allowed the connection to go forward now waiting for the app errors to get corrected. 

I read a few post and it seems that this problem just blew in the past three months, almost the same amount that I was not using this machine! 

0 Likes
userPLyAqy8M2J
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Samsung Moderator,

In my post of March 23rd, where I first presented the solution repeated here several times since, I questioned the reason why we all experienced the failure of Internet@TV with this:

"The only thing I can figure is that the server that Samsung uses to sync the date and time is no longer available.  Hence the need for a manual setting."

Can you look into whether the time-sync server is the reason?  Maybe the IP address in the DNS server needs to be updated?

While we have a  work-around, we still need to set the time whenever our players lose power.  It would be more convenient if we could set the time setting back to "Auto".

Thanks.

userartTjY4xSc
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I had the same problem but the manual time reset workaround did not work. However changing another setting on the same page did. It had to do with sharing with another Samsung device; default was On, turning it Off allowed activation of Internet@TV.

I'm not sure how this might fit into your attempts to figure out what might be causing the problem. I mention it for the benefit of anyone else struggling with this obscure bug, hoping the Samsung moderator does not remove my post, as seems to have happened to an earlier post on the same subject. Perhaps there is a rule against posting two solutions to the same bug?

user1UHQDVnjgJ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I updated the router from my internet provider and after that my internet@TV did not work.  I got a message to activate my internet@TV and then a popup message stating that Internet@TV is not available in some countries.  I tried the manual reset of the clock did not work.  I took your suggestion of turning off the Share option on the same page as the clock option and when I turned off and then back on the dvd player and selected Internet@TV I was asked to set up the Internet@TV.  I followed the directions and it Worked!!!!! Thank you for the work around.

0 Likes
userCEtaZtXQl7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I sent this to Samsung support as well:

Model: BD-C6500 Blu Ray

Issue: After resetting the device I could no longer activate the built-in apps via Internet@TV because the user agreement would not appear.

FYI- I was able to reactivate the Internet@TV and retrieve the user agreement and then download the standard apps by manually setting the time/date/time zone features under clock in the system settings.

Note: the default position for the clock in the BD-C6500 Blu ray is automatic but, apparently, Samsung has discontinued syncing the clock internally. This may be an issue for other Samsung devices.

After clock resetting I also noted that the Netflix app interface was updated with newer features/films/TV shows. It could be that my Blu ray was missing the time/date for a while, thus causing glitches such as not remembering what shows I had watched or that I wanted to resume. This, in turn, caused me to reset the device and lose the apps altogether.

Please bear this in mind for customers calling in about activation issues and/or app glitches, especially if they have recently had power loss issues or have reset their device. Samsung may reconsider the benefit of re-syncing all your devices automatically.

0 Likes
userMqmoYLdUCz
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

thanks to all. I was having the same issue and setting the clock manually fixed the issue. However looks like subtitles and audio options for Netflix  don't work on the remote control of the BD-C6500. Any idea how to fix this?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Is everything up to date on the Blu-ray player?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userPLyAqy8M2J
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My recent experience with the Netflix app on this Blu-ray player was the same.  The sub-title feature was not available to select.  However, the Netflix app on my more recent LG TV has that feature and it works.  So either Netfilix or Samsung need to update the app for us.

0 Likes
userijWrxvtg4J
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Thank you very much!

After switching the clock settings to "manual"  I had to adjust the date as it was about 5 years behind.

I also had to reconnect the wireless connection to get it working again.

0 Likes