Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userJQqxI54nDl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Made an account just to say we have the same problem here as well. worked fine last night !

useraxTR3Wpglq
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same, also created an account so I can put it out there I have the exact same issue.

Augustin79
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello All, I have the same problem, hope they fix it fast.

userAK2LKoEuBx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the exact same problem. For this to happen tonight when I was planning on playing "The Last of Us 2" midnight release upsets me more. I have the Samsung HT-J5500W also. Around last night it seemed to be working fine. I decided to plug mg Xbox in to play some games and NO sound comes out. The past hour I've been playing around with it to fix it. 

The DVD player keeps saying "No DISC" when the main menu pops up then it says "load" and the screen goes black. It then repeats every 3 seconds. 

I thought it was me and I was looking online for a new system but i found a bunch of other people having this problem 

userWhwnPs1Rk1
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same exact issue! Mad because I wanted to play the last of us part 2 and I am so friggin mad about this! Called Samsung and after 1 hr of dumb questions I was told I need to bring it to geek squad for repairs at best buy! How can a player become obscolete? Did anyone get any answers?

AlanCarter
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I had falsely assumed that the system board malfunctioned and it is 4 years old next month and had no warranty. I had gone out and bought a sound bar and resurrected my old dvd drive and set that up. It wasn't until I found this forum and contacted samsung did I learn that it was software and not hardware. They told me they would be Wendi g out a flash drive to return the player to operational again. I'll be returning the sound bar today.  This was not cool and samsung needs to fire whomever released the patch..

userbZeiNbzhVe
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same thing happened last night, ive already unplugged 10x and it's still acting like it wants to read a disc and screen keeps flashing Samsung symbol, same surround sound model etc

usera4Zz19dnJ7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I braved the phone support line for all of us, and after 4 calls went through all the trouble shooting possible. The tech wanted me to set up an appointment for repairs and would not accept the idea that it could be the firmware update even in light of the fact that dozens of us developed the same problem on the same night. I'll give them a week to push a fix, and after that I say we turn this thread into recommendations for replacement.

edit - moderated thread on same issue at 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenev... 

user2oNJrJG3rS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I just called as well.  I flat out told the tech that it was all over the community and was not my unit.  At that point he admitted there was an issue in the hands of software engineering.  He ran through some steps to ensure it was not something else.

My symptoms are, the menu shows on the screen the LED says No Disc.  The screen goes black and it says LOADING.  Then the LED says no disc and the menu pops up and then repeat.

He checked with the man behind the curtain and came back and said they are working on a know issue and need 72 hours.  They are saying they will push the update via the internet (hopefully they can.)  I have a case number for my troubles.