Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
6thWilbury
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hello all-

There is another thread about this very issue. Many of us have experienced the same, with a few of us having it happen to multiple machines. 

Here is the link to the other (moderated) thread:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenev...

We are definitely not alone in this. "Samsung Gill" asked people to send him direct messages (link in that thread) so I advise you do the same. I can't imagine there is much that can be done, though. None of our machines stay on long enough to receive any kind of firmware update.

Sadly, I already threw one of my two machines into a dumpster. At the time, I just figured it was a goner. It wasn't until it happened to the second machine (borrowed from my parents) that I realized there was something odd going on. 

Good luck!

userU7ocB4UQJc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Glad to hear it isn't just ours! I won't smash it quite yet.

Model BD-J5100. Same issue of cycling on/off. Worked last night. 

Fingers crossed for a fix!

users3MbpzVjLk
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here! Im seeing reports across multiple devices today! Sounds like a class action lawsuit is needed!

userYrchULtznw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
The same issue here with BD-J5900. Happened a couple of hours ago (6/18/20). My wife put a Blu-Ray disc in the player to play Toy Story 4 for my son and it started power cycling. It powers on for roughly 4 seconds, the home screen shows and it reboots. 
useroCyxZlncBF
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The same is happening here. Today is June 27, 2020. I tried to see a movie and I ended with this issue and spending 2hr trying to get my stuck netflix Blueray disk. I'm getting tired of Samsung products failing after 2-3 years after spend big money. I had all Samsung Notes, Appliances,  etc. All failed in less than 3 yr.

0 Likes
CalebC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same here. I'm (somewhat) relieved to hear I'm not the only one! I was about ready to smash my BD-J5900 last night. Exact same issues people are describing. My J5900 has worked perfectly fine up til now.

Starting on the evening of 06/18/2020, I turned on my player (there was no disk inside), it started going through this on/off/on/off cycle, right away. It powers on for a few seconds, the home screen shows briefly, and then it switches off, then on, then off, etc. I've tried unplugging for 10 minutes, pressing down the eject, or power button, etc. to reset, and nothing is working. Connected via Ethernet.

I hope Samsung finds a satisfactory solution quickly.

userKeYo5XGa0Z
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@CalebC wrote:

I hope Samsung finds a satisfactory solution quickly.

I don't think Samsung has admitted there is an issue yet.  I just talked to tech support and they don't seem to be aware of this issue.

CalebC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

In the larger thread that is referenced above, it would seem as though Samsung is aware of this issue, even if not all tech. support people are. Based on the recent conversations quite a few people have claimed to have had with Samsung (I've been checking out the most recent comments), within the last 24 hours or so, they're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Hopefully this is true.

HeIsEnBrG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@CalebC wrote:

In the larger thread that is referenced above, it would seem as though Samsung is aware of this issue, even if not all tech. support people are. Based on the recent conversations quite a few people have claimed to have had with Samsung (I've been checking out the most recent comments), within the last 24 hours or so, they're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Hopefully this is true.

they are working to fix it if you send them some hard earned money. 

0 Likes