Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Screenshot_20200619-214730_Samsung Internet.jpg

usermeEtnQ898j
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Adding myself to the long list of complaints.  My HT-J5500W affected by constant reboot issue reported by numerous customers on a number of Samsung Blu-Ray players.  My issue began 18 June 2020.  Had not used the device for a bit, but had worked fine previously.  It exhibits precisely the same continuous reboot problem reported in this thread as well as this one:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenev...

0 Likes
userKt6vlmfo87
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a screenshot of a convo with this same rep. She said the exact same thing for the 2 models we are having issues with. I wanted to get a service ticket but the phone tech "disconnected" from the call but obviously didnt know how to help me or know anything at all. I tried text tech support and kept getting "another agent will be with you shortly" message after asking/answering a few questions. I hope this gets resolved quickly because it literally bricked the device. All it's intended purposes are gone; sound, disc movies, and online capabilities. 

user78SDjNu7bB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This is crazy that overnight everyone has experience the same problem with the same model of home theater system. My HT-J5500W was working perfectly fine and this happened out of no where. I tried to do everything and nothing works. Samsung is telling me that I have to pay for the repairs and I was willing until I just looked at everybody having the same problems at the same time. Now I know something is wrong that they need to fixed without charging anyone a penny. It's just crazy. How can Samsung even ask me or anyone to pay for a problem that effected everyone overnight? 

0 Likes
useryuyAsp37EW
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I was the one who had the post earlier in the thread with the pics.  Still nothing had changed since I posted on Thursday.  I say it's class action lawsuit time.

0 Likes
userIHFLu1ksw3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The HT-J4500 also developed the restart cycling issue today.  My conclusion this is either a pushed firmware fail or an imbedded software time bomb.  Since the cycle time is so short, I hope there is a way to load new firmware via USB.  If not, there is going to be a lot of Samsung paperweights.  Since it has only been 24 hours, is it too soon to say class action?

users3MbpzVjLk
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Not to soon! My j5900 started this when i got home tonight 

user7gXrF05liK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I tried downloading an old firmware to update via USB and can't even get to the function where it will read the USB so it can't start the update. I'm doubtful they'll be able to overcome this issue. 

0 Likes
RockStar287
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same thing has happened to me with my HT-J4500. Was working finr last night (June 18th 1130pm PST) and when turned on this morning around 0930 it went into cycle mode. Does not stay on long enough to soft reboot, reset or even download update. The biggest frustration is that the HT was utilized for sound. SAMSUNG NEEDS to respond as this was an obvious firmware update with the many various models of HT that are experiencing the same power cycle issue.