Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userzL1ZcDwF7P
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the same issue.  I called and they said to give it 24 to 48 hours. Unfortunately I don't trust now, I did read that these Samsung players have been hacked. To replace and not with Samsung. 

0 Likes
userqlyl8NeJ4T
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also have two of these units that started doing the same thing.  One started doing it late last night.  I just checked the second unit and it is doing the same thing.

usercwPYhZfLXl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My husband is in a chat with CS and they are telling him to to all this stuff we already know doesn't work. There are also other models in convos on this page having the same problem.  So one can' t help but feel it not the hardware.

userDMVx9YGCI4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem the model is BDJ5700 and now  it's in mode "infinite reboot bug"

user59sLJ1SZdg
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine is the same, -J5700, and also stuck in infinite reboot bug. What is going on? 

useryXDhEi2bZJ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Another voice in the chorus.  My bd-j5700 also started boot-looping last night.  It's been an excellent player up until 12 hours ago.

I had used it the previous night to watch a DVD and last night I went to start it and it booted to the main menu, stuck there for about 2 seconds while the DVD reader scanned the disc, and rebooted. Then it just kept repeating that.

I was able to get the disc out by spinning the gear with a paper clip, then left it unplugged for a while, but it came back up doing the exact same bootloop.

Unplugged the HDMI cable and same thing.

Left it unplugged overnight and plugged it into a wired LAN connection in case it was a wireless networking issue but it continues to bootloop.

Hoping I will be notified of updates by joining the thread.

0 Likes
Jante
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Same. 

Last night I turned it on, it started that cycle of on, tabs over to Photos then turns off, or reboots. I was using Nflix on June 17th - so it was working then. This morning tried again by plugging it in, used a different HDMI port on TV. It's frustrating, went Googling and came across this.  

Others on here state theirs suddenly started doing this same time frame.  Was there an 'update' to the system and now we can't undo it?  

user8P8vBqjDLq
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine Samsung BD-J5700 is doing exactly the same thing - starts up, shows "No Disc" even if there's a disc in it, tabs over to the Photos tab, shuts down then starts the cycle all over again.  None of the buttons on the blu-ray player do anything.  The only button on the remote that seems to work is the eject button, so at least I could get my disc out.

The player was working fine early this evening (6/19/2020) - my daughter and I were watching a movie.  We paused it and turned the player off.  When I tried to turn it back on later, it was stuck in this loop.

Seems like it has to be some bug in a firmware update if it's happening to everyone across different model blu-ray players in the span of a few days.  I don't know how they can even push a fix for this, because I can't leave the player plugged in or it automatically starts its startup/shutdown loop.  Thanks for bricking my player, Samsung.  Last thing I ever buy from you.

userniTTFhE2vb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same problem as everyone else. Mine started on the night of 6/17/2020. This must be a programming issue if it happened all at the same time.

I opened mine up, disconnected different cables, to no avail.

Gotta be a firmware thing. Was everyone here using automatic firmware updates?

Fanet
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I've got another model (HT-J5530) but the same issue. I'm not using Automatic firmware updates but I think that somekind of firmware (Virus?) was downloaded form Internet. There is no other explanation

0 Likes