Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user2Srq1GTFn9
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same issue with my Samsung Blu-ray player model BD-J5700. Was working fine until just today.

useriU8gE3onL6
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have two of these models (BD-J5700) and they both started doing this exact same thing approximately 8am central time, Saturday, June 20, 2020.  Strange indeed!!  I was at first thinking a power surge did something, so went online and found this discussion.  Did Samsung get hacked??  

userhtyh8ywDGU
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

From the web:

The last two days have seen a variety of Samsung Blu-ray players worldwide suddenly cease working. The symptom is that they turn on when power is applied, whereupon they reboot themselves every few seconds endlessly. The power and eject buttons are ignored and all attempts at resetting them fail. After many owners contacted Samsung support and were told they needed to send their players in for hardware repair, Samsung appears to have admitted there is a common problem, not individual player failure. As they are all out of warranty and the reboot cycle precludes the normal software update process, we are awaiting a solution from them.

Options
Home Theater
Totally separate issue.
usernrtNrRaQ1H
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Not related.

0 Likes
userzl568HRxQm
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Has anyone come up with a fix? I have two Blu-ray player BD-JM57C and both started this recycling issue. Yesterday the one in my office and today the one in my bedroom. Both were recently used with no issue.
It seem many more people is having the same exact issue at the same exact time.

userxFF5iEpqZ2
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

If a hack, any concern for a wired DVD player effecting a local network?

0 Likes
userzl568HRxQm
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Had a small chat with a Samsung tech online, “This happens when the power to the Bluray is suddenly interrupted.

1.) Turn on the Bluray, your TV and the cable box if you have one

2.) As it does it's on and off on and off tricks, press the "load DVD" button (above the #2 button ) on the remote

3.) Put any DVD in and press close

4.) When the DVD begins playing, press the Function TV source button. (Top Right Button)

5.) Press source button to HDMI 1 or, whatever HDMI setting you're on.”
This didn't work, so next info:

“try to unplug device for at least 30 minutes”

Finally, after said I said, I'll try and that I had two BD-JM57 BRDVD that started this cycling process, the response:

“im sorry to hear that. possible that it may be a software issue. but there is no announced fix yet for the problem. we will need to patiently wait for it. im sorry for the inconvenience”

0 Likes