Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userWPAkkh7UAz
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I don't understand how this is solved? I'm having this issue now too on my BD-JM57C and clicking on go to solution just takes me to a reply that says Samsung is aware of this issue, what is the solution? I can't play any of my discs this way...

userV43WEcZaFH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm facing the same issue on my HT-J5550K since 19th of June. tried disconnecting blu-ray reader ribbon from the main board and no luck.

userLqpD1QVTIF
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I've had my DVD players unplugged since Friday, just tried plugging them back in and it is doing the same thing.  I am about to replace them with a competitor as I need them to stream Netflix, Amazon, etc.  as my TVs to not have that capability on their own.

usernrtNrRaQ1H
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@userLqpD1QVTIF wrote:

I've had my DVD players unplugged since Friday, just tried plugging them back in and it is doing the same thing.  I am about to replace them with a competitor as I need them to stream Netflix, Amazon, etc.  as my TVs to not have that capability on their own.

Yeah, same here--we already ordered a Sony player. And if this is not made good, that's it for me with Samsung. There are, after all, plenty of other electronics manufacturers, there's no reason to give business to one that bricks thousands of their own devices and shrugs.

user2ans8dNs7H
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My machine started cycling through on and off as well -- saying there's no disc (even when I'm able to get the blu-ray tray open momentarily and sneak a disc in). It selects 'photos' and then turns off again. 

I have a BD-JM57C, same as a lot of people here. It stopped working last night.

userHs9T2hHUs4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Exact same issue. Worked fine Friday evening (June 19) woke up and at noon turned the TV on and no sound (HT-J5500), upon investigating I saw the "home screen" would reboot, scroll over to "pictures" and the reboot again. The display on the device does not show anything different and it clicks like trying to read a disc, which I do not have one in and the function is set to "D-IN" .

userRi92YGhjKW
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yep me too. 

I have a HT-J5550W and it also try to read a BR which is not in it.

I can't use it anymore even to listen the TV. 

Hope Samsung will do something. 

0 Likes
userHFmtYYTxgh
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same with my J5500. Tried disconnecting the ribbon for the touch buttons on the front thinking they were faulty but still the same issue. I also have a H5500 which doesn't have this loop issue. I haven't used it for 6 months mind as it stopped connecting to my samsung TV via ARC/Anynet. Dollop of turrd. I did turn off my router before turning on the H5500 then turned off auto updates. Not sure if that helped or whether this model isn't affected. 

0 Likes
userHs9T2hHUs4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ok, so yesterday evening I chatted with (USA Support) after waiting a week for some news on my HTJ5500W.   Chat connected me to a live person quickly and she immediately asked "is this player boot looping, making a noise and/or lacking sound?  I replied yes and a quick copy/paste had a paragraph about the worldwide failure and Samsung was covering all costs to fix the issue even for out of warranty devices.  She also sent a link, and instructed me to state " worldwide bluray failure" on any tickets or service notes.  Unfortunately since it was out of Warranty I had to call the 800 number. 

The phone support was backed up about 45 minutes and I had them call me back which only took about 30 minutes maybe. The nice lady immediately asked me the same question and stated "yes you qualify for this free fix", and actually apologized about it.  She asked my contact info and the serial number of my player and nothing else.  Within 5 minutes I had a ticket, a label, and was b0xing it up.

She stated 5-7 days from the time they receive it for me to either have it back or them to ship it back, I don't recall which.  For what it is worth,  chat stated it was a bad "firmware in 2015 models" , didn't say it was an update just the firmware was bad.  

It was all quick,  painless, and other than the lack of public communication I felt satisfied. Only a small inconvenience considering the state of the world.  It went out with UPS first thing from Alabama to the New England area so maybe in 2 weeks I can report good news. 

I urge you to use chat/call support and rectify it will Samsung is aware and wanting this issue behind them. 

userOFVaCfZ2Sf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

This is not solved! Thousands have the problem please retract or explain yourself