Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userhrZEfD95hc
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Are you kidding me?! My HT-J5500K stopped working at June 20th, but now, 50 minutes ago, my TV/monitor T19C350ND stopped working too! It also have a reboot issue, I was watching TV and suddenly turned off, 10 seconds later it turned on automatically, and turned on again, in a neverending cycle... It's not a remote control issue. I tried pressing buttons in the remote and in the monitor, but is not responding. This TV/monitor doesn't have wifi capabilities by itself, I use a Roku for streaming. Too weird... 

0 Likes
useravy8Tb8OJf
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Well, my bd-j5100 is doing the same thing. I was thinking the unit was just old and kicked the bucket and was about to look up purchasing a Samsung replacement. Now I just want it fixed!

user5ZrwLu00xd
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Last week I went to change the disc in my BD-J5700 and that same cycling probem started. The remote would sometimes allow the drawer to open, but not always. Time for dis-assembly. The power supply seems to be providing +12Volts and +3.3Volts, but there is no +5Volts for the USB or Wi-Fi (which is USB interfaced). It appears as though the +5Volts is supposed to be provided by the logic board. The +5Volt traces on the power supply board are not connected to any power output on that board, but they do go tho the logic board connector.

I am left to assume that the logic board is causing the loss of +5 as a way to reset the USB devices. It clearly would not be able to receive any updates to correct this with no power to the WiFi board. My suspicion is that there is a piece of devious software in the logic. Why else would all of these units go south together? It could be that the device is waiting for a DVD with special programming to restore it. It spins the disc, searches for a short time, then stops and starts again.

I almost bought the same model on eBay to replace this one. I bet it would have ended up bricked like the rest of them. I could be wrong, but I have my doubts that it is a certificate issue. Some diabolical programmer that thought: “These things will never be around that long. Mr. Phelps' code will destroy them all at once! Bwa ha haaaa!”

Let's hope Samsung can provide a fix. That may not be an option...

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

Going to be interesting to see what the fix ends up being.

0 Likes
userVSHdp40FC3
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Looks like a class action law suit if not fixed soon

aquaman1212
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Message from chat with Samsung support on 6.23.20:

Kimberly A., SAMSUNG Expert, 100% Helpful

7:22 PM
Good day ****! I hope you're doing well. My name is Kimberly, a Samsung Expert, and a user as well. I am here to help and assist you. I'm sorry you had to experience this, there is nothing wrong with your Blu-Ray player. All users are experiencing the same. It is caused by an update from Samsung, which will be fixed by Samsung technical team as soon as possible. Kindly wait for the next update for the issue to be resolved. Again, I truly apologize for the inconvenience. (You can update it using a flash drive once the update is available) For news, discussions, and announcements about the situation, kindly monitor from this link: us.community.samsung.com

Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Thanks @aquaman1212 

You've got the skills to procure state secrets.

0 Likes
userPoPVSPf0s6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

What do we do to get the flash drive to fix it?

0 Likes
SammySungDaBlus
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

That sounds promising.

I have the HT-J5500w since 12/2016 and it started looping Thursday evening (EST), 6/18/2020.

Been calling Samsung everyday, then googled and found this message board today.

Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
userUY3rkY2c8h
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The only problem with this answer is that I already tried rolling back my Firmware with a flash drive, however, I have not been able to find a way to interrupt the boot loop in order to get to the settings menu to load the Firmware from the flash drive. I've tried with the device turned on and plugging in the flash drive and I have also tried with the device turned off and plugging in, then powering on the Blu-Ray Player. The instructions I followed from Samsung and the older Firmware versions are here: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=US&CttFileID=5982492&CDC...

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-blu-ray-disc-player-j5900-series