Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Zorro3k6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Well that is just unaccaptable. I was hoping that the fix could be automatic by plugging in the USB. Basically the system will know to install that from the USB during start up. But if you have to do this manually, then it's not possible for the reasons you've stated. Samsung is going to have replace every defective machine then regardless of warrenty.

0 Likes
userqXGc3NFpDq
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

What good is a flash drive solution if there is no USB port on the BD-JM57C unit????

0 Likes
GaryCurran
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yeah, well there's only one problem with that.  To update the firmware, you have to have the unit ON and RUNNING, and access the Settings menu from the splash screen.  Right now, the unit won't stay on for more than two seconds, and you can't navigate to the Settings menu.
I'm going to wonder what their response to this is going to be, and how they expect us to fix it.

0 Likes
userKTYVPjGiaY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue with BD-5J100 started on June 22, 2020. Please email fix to all users on this thread.

Thanks.

user2s8hvB6G77
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same issue on my BD-JM57C.  Just noticed it today, but it's the first time we've tried to use it in about a week.  Not sure exactly when it stopped working.

0 Likes
userIc7vyuROj1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Our Samsung BD-J5700 machine has joined the club. Will not stop cycling on and off. Samsung fix this!!!

0 Likes
userMWZ0iHrofQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Experiencing the same as the rest of you...

We have two of the BD-JM57C players and not one, but both have the same power cycle issue.

When I found the first one doing it I thought it was just broken, but when I found the other one doing the same thing I knew something was up.

0 Likes
userIufB2zk9Ui
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It seems to me samsung shut everyones systems down at the same time and that is lower than low , step up samsung and do what is right honor your costumers , 

userDEj29cHuTS
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hopefully Samsung steps up and does the right thing. I hope this isn't like the TomTom GPS's all over again. The older model TomToms software went on the fritz on a certain date and rendered them unusable. TomTom's solution..."sorry, we can't help you, but here is a coupon code for a small percentage off the purchase of a brand new GPS". C'mon Samsung, we like your products, that's why we purchased them, we don't want to have to throw them out and buy another brand! I guess we will just keep patiently waiting for a fix.

hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Is anyone else starting to think that Samsung is trying to wait us all out and hope we move on and buy other units? I can't believe they've gone this long without publicly addressing the issue. 

0 Likes