Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userzjbV87cgAL
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Did they make you submit a receipt and if you don't they will cancel your order?

0 Likes
userIEfePirPrY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

not so far.

0 Likes
Zorro3k6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I've posted a few times on here already. But I also just got off of a long chat with a great agent who had me do one thing to test and then spent the rest of the time processing the request to ship it in for free repairs. I did get a text from them about a photo of the reciept. I'm just ignoring it per what others have already said about it. This seems like the fix to me. Shipping it in for them to repair it. Usually takes about 5-7 days. Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
userYXH1zR266f
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

They sent me UPS labels to return product, then sent me an email stating I need to email them the receipt of purchase for my product or they will cancel my service order. I don't have the receipt it has been too long! Oh well.

0 Likes
userzjbV87cgAL
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

They just did the same to me.  Never mentioned it in the 30 minute chat to return the product.

0 Likes
userzjbV87cgAL
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

After a frustrating chat with Samsung, I gave a poor review of the chat.  They took my PO Box and then I discovered they use UPS. I told them UPS won't ship to a PO Box. This went round and round.  Today, they sent me a cancelation of the order and said I have to provide a proof of receipt.  I don't see any one else saying they had to submit their receipt.  Took me an hour to find. it.

0 Likes
user0bdWywK5Hs
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5100 is stuck in the loop. Couldn't have outdoor movie night. I'm not going to jump through hoops to get this brick fixed. Nor will I ever purchase a Samsung device again. 

0 Likes
userDjPvWYvpmY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for all the updates! Took long enough to find out any solution. But I think I'm probably outta luck.  I bought mine on eBay and is a modified region one. I might be able to provide proof of purchase but concerned they will bust me for the modification... so sounds like it's not work the effort or risk. It was only a $99 player. I'll think about what I do going forward. Pretty lame of Samsung, but at least my 55 inch TV isn't shot. I will say I've given up on firmware upgrades as early on when I got my TV I did an upgrade and blew the motherboard(?). They came and fixed free of charge but I think twice now, though I understand this might not be a firmware issue. Still confused what the problem is.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userDjPvWYvpmY wrote:

Thanks for all the updates! Took long enough to find out any solution. But I think I'm probably outta luck.  I bought mine on eBay and is a modified region one. I might be able to provide proof of purchase but concerned they will bust me for the modification... so sounds like it's not work the effort or risk. It was only a $99 player. I'll think about what I do going forward. Pretty lame of Samsung, but at least my 55 inch TV isn't shot. I will say I've given up on firmware upgrades as early on when I got my TV I did an upgrade and blew the motherboard(?). They came and fixed free of charge but I think twice now, though I understand this might not be a firmware issue. Still confused what the problem is.

try is.. whats the worst they can do?  I didn't have my reciept.  Not from 4-5 years ago.  

0 Likes
user1UuZiAVPgQ
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have had this same problem for over a week, unable to reset, unplugged for several days, etc.  Cannot use this device for streaming services nor blu ray.  First world problems, I know.  But the fact that there has been no information from Samsung, other than they are working on a fix, is a really poor customer relations solution.  I am at the point that I am just going to purchase another unit, because there is no guarantee that once the fix is implemented that the player will work (it won't stay on long enough to get an update) and if I have to send the machine in for a fix (how long will that take eight to twelve weeks?), no thanks.  Yes, I can hook up my laptop to the TV to stream videos, but if I wanted to do that, I would not have purchased the smart blu ray player.   

Also, when it comes time to replace other electronics in my home, such as the TV and the refrigerator (which is happening in the coming months - it would have happened if not for COVID-19 - Samung's loss will be Electrolux's gain).  The blu ray player isn't that expensive in the scheme of things, but this relatively small purchase and the experience that Samsung has chosen to provide will have a continuing impact on my decision when it comes to future purchases of other samsung products (mobile, laundry, kitchen and entertainment electronics).