Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
user355INKFQxs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ours also failed this evening after working fine the night before. Hopefully a fix will be developed soon, but there are other companies out there too.

user2oNJrJG3rS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Me too.  Samsung told me they need 72 hours to develop a fix. I have Ht-5500. 

userlsAwdPgXmO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue. BD-J5700. The home screen loads, looks like it selects the photo menu item then restarts. I opened it up to get the disc out and the optical sled just moves a little, disc spins then restart and same thing over again.

usern4WvXb5Qh3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here... googled and just find out several people is having the same problem.. Samsung, we need this fixed asap

userYrchULtznw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The same issue here with BD-J5900. Happened a couple of hours ago (6/18/20). My wife put a Blu-Ray disc in the player to play Toy Story 4 for my son and it started power cycling. It powers on for roughly 4 seconds, the home screen shows and it reboots. 

usertySMtGEFPX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also have the same issue with my BD-J5900. Two nights ago we were watching Netflix and all was fine. Then last night (18 June 2020) when I switched on my player, it started going through this on/off/on/off cycle.  It powers on for roughly 4 seconds, the home screen shows and then it switches off again. Then on again. Then off...

I've found this fix on CNET: https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/if-samsung-bluray-keeps-turning-off-and-on-i-have-a-fix-5872... where you unplug the brownish cable going to the player's buttons. Apparently it works (although then the on/off button and eject button on the device no longer works), but honestly I'm a bit scared to try it.

useriYtO8Lr5Du
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

We tried unplugging the brown wire. It doesn't help with this issue so don't try it. 

0 Likes
userCiZnHZoF3W
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

BD-E5900 same exact issue of cycling power. Started yesterday 6/18/20. 

userZ3k2CSAYBb
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My Samsung Blu-Ray player, model BD-J5700, is cycling on and off too. 

WE_WERE_HACK3D
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-JM57C just started doing this too but was working fine the other day. I have high functioning autism and need my routines. Watching Doctor Who on my player was part of my night routine and now I can't do it. I'm so mad and upset right now... I was even crying just a little bit ago.😭😭 What am I supposed to do now? I finally got my other stuff done earlier today and would've been able to watch earlier and get to bed earlier for once. Samsung has to fix the issue already! This aspie girl needs her nightly TV! 😭😭