Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

So far the common denominator has been everyone that had a device connected to the internet has been infected. When/if this gets resolved, the first thing I am doing is disconnecting my blu ray player/receiver from the internet. This issue has taken down my entire home theatre system. 

Also, I created a new thread yesterday with an update I received from a Samsung Care Pro admitting that this was a firmware issue and they are still working on it. Samsung DELETED my post. Once the chat ended, I requested an emailed copy of the chat transcript, but Samsung never emailed it to me. I'm starting to think they really are trying to sweep this under the rug. 

Here is a new thread I created: please share and like: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Boot-Loop-Issue-Do-The-Right-Thing-Samsung/m-p/1283...

0 Likes
godtiermeme
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Go online. Use Twitter to call the company out. Mention them and tag them. They can't sweep this big of a problem under the rug if people start to call them out for it publicly.

nesss
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

HELLO ALL

My blu ray player is glitching out as well, turning off and on and there is a dvd that is still inside. The blu ray player won't stay on longer than about 1 second before turning off& on again and when I push the eject button all the machine does is continue to turn on and off. I saw the thread "blu-ray player power cycling whenever plugged in" and wanted to comment on this but could not. Samsung admin & moderator @The BOSS lady @Anonymous  did you turn off people being able to reply to this? I feel as if I'm being silenced in this issue, and I don't think its right that the page seems to be on a "read only" basis. I understand there is a lot of comments on there but what if someone is dealing with the similar issue as mine would? Where there is a DVD still in the machine and they can't get it out.. Please don't silence this post, let it be known that aside from the machine turning off and on there is a dvd stuck in there that can't come out because of the continual off and on glitch.. 

HustinD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I was also surprised at "read only". 
Fishy 

0 Likes
userV7g0dexewH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am expereincing the same isssue on my HT-J5500 DVD Player. This appears to be a systemic issue across a whole host of DVD players. It appears that some SSL certificates on the Samsung server have expired. See story on the verge:  https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/20/21297854/samsung-blu-ray-problems-ssl-firmware

I hope Samsung finds a sloution soon else we would all end up with huge pile of e-waste.

0 Likes
nesss
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@user2NrT5fUq7E I noticed in the other post "blu-ray player power cycling whenever plugged in" you said you were able to get the dvd out, if you could please share how you were able to do this I would greatly appreciate it! 

0 Likes
usera9wiiXaFed
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I managed to open the drawer using the eject button on the remote.  The button on the device itself didn't seem to do anything.

0 Likes
userhg206E2Q3X
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Add me to the list. I noticed that my BD-JM57C player started cycling on/off last night (Sat, 20-Jun-2020) 

0 Likes
AlexandreGarc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
Waiting for a solution to this absurdity. I probably won't buy anything from this company anymore. Total irresponsibility.
I'm in Brazil.
0 Likes
userzUjEf0HXoF
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My bd-j5700 suddenly started in an endless loop switching to "photos" then powering off. Had just watched a movie earlier with. I issue. Saw there were similar posts like this.