Options
Home Theater

I agree.  

0 Likes
userOFVaCfZ2Sf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Well done  I have been writing and seeking  some way to focus our demand for Samsung to publicly admit this problem . Personally I don't think they will until they have a solution or pressure is so public they are shamed into it . If they were really concerned they would hav e an update post on their website .When sites like 'TechRadar' are on to it we may see real traction. There are neumerous  threads all reporting the same issue since Friday but that's all they  are doing ' reporting ' The petition is a great idea , better than what's happening at present,but how do we now focus all members to like your post ?

I will put a message at the end of all threads to promote this. but surely Samsung have a 

better process than this to communicate after all this is a global tech leader .

userK8mmTyztGC
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Keeps cycling try to load pictures. How do I fix this. 

0 Likes
useraYvM8jHMEP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I was looking for a new player when I ran across an article with this issue. So glad I did! Samsung should have sent a notice to registered users to let them know they are aware of problem. Isn't that why we registered? I hope they send an email with a solution. 

Commenting here to follow for solution. 

0 Likes
Yankereb
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Well it seems this is not only a global issue but across many different player models.  I have had a bd-j 5900, 5700, 5600 all 3 get the issue over the last 2 days.  I have seen a few other models mentioned in other posts.  Does anyone know if using a player in a pure air gapped situation is ok or was the problem created a while back?  We are worried about turning on our last player.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

If you can turn off your Wi-Fi network you could try your last player but I suspect it's a firmware issue and it won't matter.

All we can do is wait for Samsung to find a fix.

0 Likes
artmanjohn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I went ahead and bought a new Sony player on Amazon last night, I give up, and if by some chance my barely used BD-J5900-3D, region-free player would get the fix it would be a good second player. I just bought an HDTV Flatscreen a couple months ago and even though I bought my player a couple of years back, I bet I haven't even played 30 movies on it yet, thats over 250 bucks down the drain! That means it cost me at least $8.33 for every movie I watched.

0 Likes
artmanjohn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

If you want to turn on your remaining player, I'd turn off my wi-fi first from the modem, unplug it, then turn on your Samsung player. If this works and it should,  then I'd go into settings on your player and disable your wi-fi connection completly, remove login and password totally, then when you turn on your wi-fi again it shouldn't infect your Samsung player when you use it, because it won't be connected to the internet!

0 Likes
Chaycethenoun
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

It sounds like Samsung has installed a faulty/glitchy firmware update to all older blu-ray players in an attempt to get people to buy newer, 4k UHD blu-ray players. If this is the case, it would be incredibly disappointing, and would lead to me never buying another Samsung blu-ray player. Hopefully they can correct this problem in a timely manner.

0 Likes
usernwXob8uqLC
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My machine got an update yesterday evening and started to do the same thing. 

0 Likes