Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
MrHamelin
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello there!!! As I already wrote in other topics, I'm french and have the same issues with my looping player, an old but devoted BD-J5500... 

usercNvzvQ8QtO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Two bricked devices here. Models BD-J5100 and BD-JM57C. It will be interesting to see how Samsung resolves this.

0 Likes
user6G7cNHzI1t
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

i also have the exact same issue. started with no sound 2 days ago, now in operable with the drive constantly trying to load  when there is no disc installed......J5500W model

0 Likes
userOPGyjMDehj
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a j5500w doing the loop as well. Hope the company will do the right thing.

0 Likes
OregonUSA
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Likewise with my HT-J4500....just keeps cycling.

userC8DYzjY5jH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same has happened to my Blue-Ray player.  However, mine is connected to my Bose system via an HDMI cable (output from the the player to the Bose system), but, the player is not connected to my home network.   Is it possible for a firmware update to be uploaded to the player via the HDMI cable?  Thanks.

usercLvt3r65jJ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I doubt that it could update firmware via the HDMI cable.  With no network conneciton, it now soulds as if Samsung has embeded a EOL within the factory firmware.   If Samsung abandoned production of this product line, it would make sense that they're not upgrading firmware.

usernPhiRD6tHO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a  Samsung BD-J5900 and this started happening last night. I unplugged it for 5 minutes, tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, the eject button, the stop button on the remote, disconnected the ethernet cable, nothing changed. The unit won't eject the disc and kept rebooting.

user0anHlm9Cy1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same model and it's doing the same for me. I unplugged it from the socket and tv, it didn't fix it. I held down the power and eject buttons, nothing changed. I switched it to another tv, and I miraculously got the disc out (even though it only opened halfway), but it's still cycling on and off. It's so frustrating!

userUyi3Gud0mx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a Samsung HT-J5500W with the same problem. Can't get the unit to do anything but flash the menu and try to load a disk that's not inserted.  Tried to get DVD to read the last firmware download (dated Nov 17, 2017) that didn't work.  Reset didn't work. Seems like a pretty serious firmware problem if the unit won't stay on long enough to read or download a fix.

0 Likes