Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
usert9VDAX4kAv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same problem with a BD-JM57C.  It worked fine on June 19, 2020, but when I tried to turn it on June 20 it made noises like it was turning on and off.  After it cycled a few times the home screen appeared for a second or two and went off immediately and it continued to cycle.  I tried unplugging it for a half hour or so and plugging it back in.  No help.  I tried it again today, June 21, and it still does not work.  I also have a BD-J5700 and it works with no problems.  Would downloading firmware onto a flash drive inserting the drive in the front slot fix this problem?

0 Likes
userWCAZiehRD9
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the same problem as virtually everyone else here on this thread. I would suggest a recall and replacement of all players. I don't see how software updates can be applied when the unit won't stay on long enough to connect to the internet.

Beesha45
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

mine is doing the same thing all of a sudden. My model # is BD-J5700. It didn't have a disc in it when the issue started. It just sounds as of its reading a disc or trying to read one. 

0 Likes
SgtDoofy
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Post says theres a solution?  What solution?  Samsung just says "yup we know" and it's solved?  

Youve got 90k views on this thread and youre gonna handle it like this?   

What a disgrace...

userFQnMKgjE8o
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The "solution" was the response saying "yeah, its broke. We know" Whether we get a real one any time soon is anyones guess. 
My ten year old BD-P1590 is also affected. 

0 Likes
userBXFhakkCj4
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same here....Samsung is garbage... going to toss this and buy another DVD player.

0 Likes
userUdPKcpSnSm
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My J5700 started cylcing on and off as well. Was working fine until we tried to use it Thursday night. I've unplugged it and left it off for several days. Nothing seems to help. Glad to know it's not just me but not sure how they will fix it if it won't even turn on.

0 Likes
Samsung_9tIMcSF
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have a BD-JM57 and it juts started doing the same thing.

userRbC0MNQEHV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Following.  I have the same issue on my ht-j5500w.  Started a couple days ago.

0 Likes
user9qZ0InwhSS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Add me to the list of disgruntled HT-J5500W owners; same symptoms: power cycling every few seconds.

0 Likes