Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userApUdTACOdl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Why are you posting that the blue ray rebooting issue is solved when it is not?  I have two players A BD-JM57C and a BD-J5100 which both went into the reboot issue within a day of each other.  Both of my units are ethernet connected.  In speaking to a Samsung rep last week he said that Samsung is aware of the issue, that it is happening world wide and that Samsung is trying to come up with a work around.  How will we be made aware of a solution if or when it becomes avaiable?

squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

They do this so that people new to this thread don't need to scan through 108 pages of a thread to see a comment from Samsung that they acknowledge there is an issue and they are working on it.

They know there isn't a "solution" just a quick way for folks to jump to that entry.  I am not justifying how long it is taking and I don't know the cause.  I'm leaning towards a certificate issue or something similar.

mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 Blu-ray player started "power cycling" last week. Today, my BD-J5100 started doing the same thing. Both are connected to the internet and are used primarily for streaming (Netflix, Amazon Prime, VUDU). Both have been at firmware version 1020.1 since August 2018 and have been working fine for years. The only "solution" I see in this thread is that Samsung is aware of the problem.

userFZN1t9NcnU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-JM57C (which was connected to the internet) started doing the same thing last Saturday.  I found this forum - I really  appreciate everyone's posting on the issue. I was shocked to see how widespread the problem was, and so contacted family and friends to alert them. At least I was able to get to my parents 4K and daughters BD-JM57C Samsung Blu-Ray players disconnected from the internet before they powered them on, so at least theirs are still working.  Again, thanks everyone for making it known how extensive a problem it is. 

userewMGhtCAVV
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Add my name to the list of unfortunate users experiencing the power cycling conundrum.  Four year old BD-J5700 Blu-Ray Player started acting up on Friday, June 19.  Attempted all the standard fixes (unplugging, hard reset, etc.) to no avail!  I will be waiting (im)patiently for the fix.  Fingers crossed! 

uservIx9tinwPG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine also (BD-J5700)!!Hopefully the BD-E5400 in other room doesn't decide to quit working also!!! I will watch for updates but if someone knows how to fix, that would be awesome, right now it's unplugged 

uservIx9tinwPG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

and I will laugh really hard if they tell us they put out an update, just update your players......like if we can't keep it to stay on how the bleep you gonna update!! 

userRT6oXVqOf8
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Both of my BD-J5700 players are doing the same. 
I'm relieved to learn this is a clear outage issue. Like most commenters, I rarely use the DVD feature, only the Netflix and Amazon to stream content.

I created Login account solely to add a further comment to the issue pile to further this is not a user issue, but a product issue.

0 Likes
usernzoOtLn6AL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

The solution I see is to never buy Samsung ever EVER again.

userja6hfKIkXK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Samsung servisi 600 tl ücret talep ettiler bu sorunu kendilerince çözmek için. Samsung bunun altından başaçıkamassa tam bir fiyasko olur.

0 Likes