Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
Superfield
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Another BD-JM57C, same issue. We have a disc in the tray that we can't get out.

This is purely speculation on my part, but I'm betting it was a firmware update. All of these people in the space of a few hours having the same issue on different models of a similar type of product from the same company? That screams "software update gone awry". They're probably scrambling to create a fix. If I am right, then (and I can't stress enough that I am an average joe just spitballing here) the solution is likely to come in the form of "download this file, place it onto a USB flash drive, put flash drive into USB port on device, boot and follow on-screen instructions".

usernrtNrRaQ1H
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I don't know how they'd get even that to work since when you normally use a USB drive with it--which I do regularly--it takes a while for the USB drive to show up!

0 Likes
Jante
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Okay, not a smart cookie here (me), but could we get the previous update, if I'm saying it right, and reload our device with a USB?  

user2TIIQwGarp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Luckily, we learned you can manually eject the disc using a sharp tool, like a letter opener and pushing the half moon shaped opening on the bottom of th unit , counterclockwise, to eject. 

0 Likes
useraqO9nEF0Jc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm having same issue right now! Everyone sends to be having it at once...

@userLS5nqofxut wrote:

Just joined to add to the growing number of complaints. Same issue, worked last night, today it cycles on and off without function. Called Samsung and they said at this time there's no release about an issue with my mode (HT-J5500W), but gave me an incident number to follow up later with. 

I found this thread via google search, figuring it'd be years old, but all these complaints of the same issue in less than 24 hours. Obviously not an error of our units, but an update or hack that rendered our units useless.

0 Likes
userK0FGy4g8pT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Ditto

0 Likes
useryCOmdEH6st
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem. Last night I turned it in and you could hear it boot up and then cut off and repeat it until I shut the powers down. This morning nothing has changed.

0 Likes
usernT7xnWGEU7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yep, same here.  Looks like all the blu ray players in the world, eh?

Acquired this problem since yesterday June 17, 2020 on a BDP-J5700.  I was able to get the disc out since eject worked just long enough, but this is a pretty bizarre problem.

userR22riMTWPh
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Exact same! Mine started on 6/17/2020. I have yet to find a solution. 

usercLOVvcM1co
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I agree! I hope they fix this issue pronto!

0 Likes