Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
user2qTnDJErb3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J5500W system is having the exact same issue as everyone else in this thread

Following this to see if there is a solution

CalebC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm brand new to this thread, and I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one! I was about ready to smash my BD-J5900 last night. Exact same issues people are describing. My J5900 has worked perfectly fine up til now.

Starting on the evening of 06/18/2020, I turned on my player (there was no disk inside), it started going through this on/off/on/off cycle, right away. It powers on for a few seconds, the home screen shows briefly, and then it switches off, then on, then off, etc. I've tried unplugging for 10 minutes, pressing down the eject, or power button, etc. to reset, and nothing is working. Connected via Ethernet.

Hoping for a solution soon. Some people in this thread have mentioned that Samsung is aware and working on a solution. I'll be standing by.

userww8dm08Yme
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thx for answering my thread!

So let´s  see what Samsung is  going to do about the problem...

userww8dm08Yme
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

0n 6/17/2020 my bluray-player, a Samsung BD-JB5500 /EN began behaving erratically.

It turns on for a few seconds: the "Samsung"-Logo appears on screen followed by the main-menu of the player. But after just 2 seconds the main-menu disappears and the device begins to start up again.

That process then repeats infinitely.

I read on this forum that other users have the same problems. They think that this error is caused  by a bug in the automatically updated firmware.

Is that already verified as the cause of the problems? What is Samsung going to do after having damaged thousands of customer-devices by a erratic firmware-update?

Dominik (Germany)

user9h7ucA8MWR
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5900 is doing exactly the same thing...continuous power re-cycling.  Have tried Samsung live chat support, no help at all.  Started on the evening of 18 June.

usergcZQS5hLhr
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Add me to the list. I have a Samsung BD-JM57C as well and just like everybody else, I just notice this morning (6/19/2020 @ 10:30am EST) when attempting to put a movie in for my kids, that it goes through the continuous on/off power cycle. 

Please Samsung, make this right for us. 

user1pj4RZVafJ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine too, since yesterday

userslZYMvkZYp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue. BD-JM57. CYCLES ON OFF worked ok last night. This morning just kept cycling 

user55bqWY463t
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

No word from Samsung? Are we supposed to junk this device and buy a Sony?

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@user55bqWY463t wrote:

No word from Samsung? Are we supposed to junk this device and buy a Sony?

Call 1-800-samsung.  Get past the automatic attendent.  Wait on hold for a while.  When you get a real person simply explain the problem.  I assure you, they know what the bug is.  I spent maybe 5 minutes on the phone yesterday.  Got a return label for UPS.  Boxed it up and it's on it's way to New Jersey.  No charge for shipping, no charge for repair.  

0 Likes