Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
Samsung_6LqPSqn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue since this morning. Bd-jm57c.  Very frustrating   Clearly Samsung issue as so many have this issue today.  06/19/2020

userEMQmS2f8Ub
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My blu-ray player J5900 version started doing this on/off reset yesterday (06-18-2020) morning. Up to this point machine looked and operated like brand new.  Would like for there to be a fix for this issue from Samsung, but do not have faith that Samsung will find a fix for this based on all the other comments.

This has definitely damaged my family's perception of Samsung as a company and how we buy electronics products. Because of this we have lost faith in Samsung and will look at other companies products, like Sony to meet our needs in the future. 

I hope someone from Samsung sees this message and string of messages. This is very discouraging to have a product expected to work just stop working because the CPU won't boot up and is stuck in a reset loop.

Samsung technical support this is your customer base putting you on notice regarding this product. The next step will be filing consumer complaints and/or contacting news media to "inform" them about this. This is not a good thing and needs to be resolved with a solution now. Or give us our money back so we can all go buy a new streaming blu-ray player(s) that works correctly.

user8tpdQTEorZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just adding to the list of people that this happened to. Stopped working on 6/17 I believe, same issue where it just reboots constantly.

0 Likes
userxMa6ktXGCZ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just talked with Samsung support. There is nothing wrong with the player itself, it was an update pushed by their side, that should be resolved in the next couple days.

user6mWpI6zn0X
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Started seeing the same problem. Very bad Push from Samsung.

Never had single problem in the last 5 years.

Samsung BDJ5100ZA

userBoCkTSAX4K
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Just spoke with Samsung again. They ARE aware of the issue and that its widespread. They are investigating this and a solution. I gave my email so they will contact me with a resolution. I asked if all the agents were alerted to this and she said "yes". If you get an agent who doesn't seem to be aware of the problem, let them know that this is a known widespread issue.  Hoping they can find out what happened and fix it!

userOFVaCfZ2Sf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Well done for getting through did you get a name or department ? there must be at least 50 people reporting on the 3  strings  that are active on this  and thousands with the problem. Samung like any other company will be judged on how they manage  issues  . I moved to the Samsung brand 4 years ago and will never buy from them again if this is not treated quickly.

I am frustrated that they have not  recognised this as an issue & formaly posted it on their site , I am willing to wait 48 hours but frustrated byt the way their is no place where we can track progress . 

userBoCkTSAX4K
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes, this is frustrating and it would be good protocol to post this on their site so others can check in. The supervisor did say they will post a solution on this thread however it would be validating to have it on their site as well. It sounds like an update gone wrong to all DVD players connected to the internet.  This type of issue does take time to figure out along with a fix. Unfortunately,  anyone could have hacked into our players and discovering the nature of what happened could be tedious. But I hear you, it would be assuring to see updates and a formal announcement made.

Hang in there...i am now cautious about hooking my entertainment devices up to the internet.

userliXrRekcA2
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

What other site should we be posting this issue on?

userHl8XPnT6xx
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Agreed! They need to address this. With 2 kids at home and trying to quarantine from covid19, my pocketbook can not handle another expense. Obviously in this technological time they can see there is an issue. Even if we all got a bit response to contact customer support,t is a known issue, a fix will come. At the very least we wouldn't be upset that we have a completely useless and proprietary piece of technology.  

I know my privilege is showing a bit, but we spent good money on our Blu Ray home theater system and need it to last more than 3 years. Shoot I had a vcr as a kid for at least 10 years and my dad is still using a pre flat screen TV everyday.