Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userkBJOEogSaY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

same here.  just trying to access Netflix.  now stuck in an endless loop.  Nothing works except for a reset.   Where is the reset button?

0 Likes
usertJKbNmImBH
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same problem here on June 19.   Use it to play a few DVDs and for Netflix.

Now it's 5 days later .   There is no excuse for this !

@user8FedjnjSFr wrote:

Mine just started doing the exact same thing. It worked fine yesterday. I only use it for Netflix. It doesn't even have a disc in it and never has.

I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS IN THE FUTURE. 

userf6oho5qlqt
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Has anyone figured out how to fix the on off cycling?

0 Likes
useraS9oem4gLL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Not yet

0 Likes
userSdWlp445UV
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

add another 5500 to the list. You better fix this. I sent a DM

userNjKGi33rvT
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Samsung has a real customer relations problem here. I posted a request for assistance with the same issue, only with a BD-J5100. I've already gotten multiple replies from others who have the same issue with the same model. ALL reported it happening suddenly within the past few days. ALL saying that none of the suggested solutions had any impact.

Samsung should investigate why the same issue is affecting so many users suddenly, and all at the same time. In the meantime, we are all sitting here with no other solutions than to replace the players.

userlTewJUrD1u
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also have been having the exact same issue, never a problem before this Thursday. Continues to repeated cycle on and off, following this post to see if we get any resolution for this suspicious coincidence

user8efNfw5mw8
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Nothing changes.

0 Likes
usermxTGOs6x0q
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@Anonymous @I have the HT-J5500W and it is doing the same exact thing.   It started 2 days ago.  No sound from TV. Its having all the same issues with  load disc, making weird noise and setup menu flashes on for 2 seconds and then off for like 6.  It cycling through but nothing is happening.  I tired reset, unplugged, etc.  The forums are full of this same issue. Please let us know when this is going to be resolved. Its obviously a larger issue that is affecting many, many units.

Thank you.  

user8pyYgRq9p4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Im replying to your post as I have the same model as you. I have removed the Disk drive and tried various other configurations of removing components to try and get this up and running. Cant even get it to manually reset. I just wanna go back to factory settings. Too bad there isnt a reset switch internally.

So no solution I can see. Figured I'd share what I tried.