Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userSWZ0xUw4zw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Does this really work? I didn't for me. Thanks anyway.

squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I haven't gone home to try it yet.  I see there are different instructions depending on region of the World.  Some say to use the touch buttons on the player instead of the remote.  I will experiment when I get home.  I was wondering if anyone tried to do a hard reset.  Whether they could do a hard reset or if they did do one did it fix the problem.

page 45 of this manual is part I tried to post

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201808/20180828120227907/HT-J5500W_ZA_FullManual_04_EN...

0 Likes
userK9ffksg4TY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I did a hard reset (hold STOP button on remote for 5 seconds while in standby) before I found this thread but didn't help.  Worried now that doing that reset may have wiped the internet connection so that if they do push a firmware update it might not get it.  Hmm.

userK9ffksg4TY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I just chatted online with someone from Samsung support.  He really didn't seem to know anything about our particular issue or if an update is coming.  First thing he told me to do was a RESET (which I, like some others have already done).  But, he did share that if by doing a RESET I removed the internet connection (he didn't explicitly say a RESET would do that but I'm guessing it does) and therefore wouldn't get the update, once the new firmware is released, it does look like I can update it with the process laid out here.  https://smallbusiness.chron.com/check-updates-samsung-bluray-player-39034.html

The link to the downloads is incorrect in the article and he said it's now here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-home-theater-system-ht-j5500

Interesting that last update was in November of 2017.  

If you have not done the RESET, I would recommend that you NOT do it.

userVSBavuiVEW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

same here.  I was told to reset by support guy on phone.  Now if an update is pushed, I probably won't get it either. Maybe They should send us an update to put on jump drive and install it that way.

hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It sounds like a lot of us were instructed by a Samsung Care Pro to power back on and hold the stop button for 5 seconds to reset. Let's see what happens...

0 Likes
userVSBavuiVEW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The customer service guy made me reset my system and that did not help the problem.  

I had to turn unit off then press and hold the square/ stop button on remote for 10 to 15 seconds and then the work reset flashed off and on until I let the buttons go. 

0 Likes
Zorro3k6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I saw this on the manual as well and attempted to do it. I'm not sure what button they were talking about though. So I tried the one in the middle of the arrows and the stop button. I tried the function button and some others, but nothing worked for me. I thought maybe it was because it wasn't in standby mode, but I wasn't sure.

0 Likes
userfPNl8uyfME
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the seem issue 

it seems as a bad update 

I tried to fix my self but no lock 

I even never used the CD 

I hope they will send a new update to fix otherwise we need to faile a complain.

user50JKZLPQC4
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hi, I am from France.
I got the same problem as you. 

Suddenly, it stops working, looping between "No DISC" and "LOAD".

Tried to disconnect DVD from the mother board, but the problem is not there.

So it's kind of Firmware issue, since I saw lots of people have the same pb as me.