We need to get compensated!

0 Likes
userl25kj6yGgA
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I've just chatted to a Samsung tech on chat support, here's the transcript:

HT-J5500

Hi, this stopped working a few days ago and it seems everyone who owns one is also experiencing this. It tries to load a disc before switching back to start-up a few seconds later.  Do you know when an upgrade will be released to fix this problem? Unfortunately I reset mine to see if that worked, which will have removed the wifi access it had to my router. Will there be another way I can install the update?

Thank you for waiting. As per checking, we have had reports about this issue with Blu-ray J series. We have already escalated this to our headquarters and that they are now working for the solution. They will be posting further notice on our website: https://www.samsung.com/uk/. I can only apologise for the inconvenience.

No problem, will I have deleted the wifi settings when I resetted it?

Do you mean if you will be connecting the Blu-ray to Wi-Fi when you Reset it?

I reset it yesterday to see if that solved the problem - so when a fix is released, my blu ray player won't have wifi access - will there be another way I can get the fix to it?

Thank you for waiting. As per checking, the Blu-ray is capable of connecting to the Internet. It is not yet confirmed if it will not connect to the internet after they will release the solution. However, rest assured that this issue is also included with the ongoing investigation. Thank you for raising this to us, and we will be reporting every issue that the Blu-ray has. What I can only advise for now is to wait for further notice. I do apologise for the inconvenience this may cause you. May I know if you have issues connecting the Blu-ray to the internet?

Thank you. No - it has always connected fine

That is good to know. Will there be anything else for today?  Before we end this chat, may I ask if you already have a Samsung Account?

I do yes, and no - thanks for the info - I'll await the fix - hopefully it'll be soon!

Rest assured that our engineers are taking action to have this resolve.

userl25kj6yGgA
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

P.S.  In the feedback I also made the point they should perhaps test future updates BEFORE releasing them.  Just a thought...

0 Likes
user7SmEjwBQ9l
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

And I guess none of us agreed with the update. 

0 Likes
usergg12K4Aqn1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am from South Africa since yesterday 19 June 2020 morning at 9 AM Samsung HT-J 5500 same problem, I think whoever is connected to WIFI -internet got effected, I disconnected touch screen, cleaned with a vacuum pump, disassembled and again connected but no use, it is rebooting again and again.

I can say almost same time all devices was effected it means its virus,

@userVjWtF7cC0p wrote:

So last night all was fine...woke up this morning, turned tv on, turned sound on and nothing... 

Swapped over to hdmi with the home screen to check settings and would flash from home screen to  samsung logo back to home screen back to logo.... so on and so forth

Unplugged for about ten minutes, plugged in...did same thing

Turned off and did a hard reset using the remote and holding down the square/stop button...still nothing

So is it broke or is there something I can do

0 Likes
userctEHM1PD52
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The same issue in Poland. HT-J5550W reboots since 19th of June 2020...

0 Likes
userH2dViGnt79
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Today I have the same problem, also all ok yesterday. Now device loops around trying to load disc even tho none present here, then tries to look at Pictures then resets and starts process again. Dodgy update or built in obsolescence?

Anyone with any clues.

0 Likes
userbCQ2ivmxpQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue with my HT-J4500.

0 Likes
userFaCQKQMmrL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same model , same date, same issues.

Orlando, FL.

userWhwnPs1Rk1
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same model same issue, Saint Paul, Minnesota. Samsung when are you going to address this?