Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userqrKzatCQq9
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Mine just started this morning, June 20.  It worked fine last night, and now I can't finish the movie I started or even get it out of the player.  

userDqYyD6oK6s
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Solution: contact Samsung support via their chat for a prepaid UPS label to ship your device to their NJ repair center to fix the problem.

0 Likes
Zharptitza
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just had this happen to my BD-J5100.  I hadn't had it on the network for quite a while.  Last night I was changing things up, plugged it in and saw the update.  Now it just boot loops.  Occassionally I will see the Samsung logo, but then it reboots again.  Very frustrating to lose something that was working great because of a bad update.

usercN3smY0fRv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@Zharptitza wrote:

Just had this happen to my BD-J5100.  

Zharptitza,

This is an old post what happened to you has been happening to a vast number of others. Check out this post:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenev...

0 Likes
userDqYyD6oK6s
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Solution: contact Samsung support via their chat for a prepaid UPS label to ship your device to their NJ repair center to fix the problem.

0 Likes
usertyjiqjD4ZM
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The 3d blu-ray player /surround sound just started cycling on and off every 2 seconds once I turn it on. It started last night. I checked all the video cables, power cord, etc. No issues with them. I then unplugged the HTJ5500W, and left it unplugged over night. When plugged in, same issue, power cycling over and over making clicking noises inside the machine. I tried to do the 8 second reset with the eject button but it cycles every 2 seconds, so it's impossible. Thanks. 

userdoGY8dBtDN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J5500W is doing the same .. it started on June 18th .. I read in the manual to hold the stop button (square symbol) for more than 5 seconds and that will reset .. no help .. seems like a lot of people are having the same issue.    Due to the similarity of timing with so many people across so many different models of Samsung Blu-ray systems .. seems like it is an issue in the firmware.    My machine is unable to connect to the wifi .. so hopefully the firmware fix (assuming Samsung provides one) can be downloaded to a laptop and then loaded in my J5500w .

Annoyed_Buyer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It started a few days ago, our Samsung BD-JM57C DVD player keeps cycling over and over, even with the power off, so we've unplugged it.

Is there a patch update from Samsung? Will there be a patch or has someone found a solution to fix it?

At this point, I've craked open the "BRICK" and unpluged the ribbions for the DVD Player.

useroCIRuRxMDW
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

seems we are all waiting  for Samsumg's solution.

userQ099XARcXL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater