Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userC0C3m4ykUw
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Ihate to say it but I'm glad(and, sad) it's not just me.  Mine died (kind o'), yesterday.  I got tired of hearing the cycling and had to disconnect it. I hope to heaven that this isn't some type of planned obsolescence. I see no solution, yet, and for the first time in many years, I am quite disappointed in Samsung.

Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

If it was a wide-ranging update, to all or many of their DVD players, and said update is causing this constant power cycling, I am not sure how they are going to fix it with another update.  The device doesn't even stay on long enough to apply a factory reset, so they may have just "bricked" every one of their DVDs, that will, at best, need to be taken in to be serviced. 

Even if it was an SSL Root Certificate expiring and not an update that has caused this issue, it still doesn't look good. 

How that leaves devices that are out of warranty, like mine, i'm not sure, but I would hope that Samsung would not just deprive previous customers of their devices and still expect them to be future customers.

godtiermeme
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Same here. Mine can't even stay on long enough to even access anything on the menu.

0 Likes
userkyYyBxQivW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Unfortunately, in our past experience with a Samsung washer (control boards died within weeks of warranty ending) showed us they have zero confidence in their own products and horrendous customer service. I honestly don't know why we bought another Samsung device.

0 Likes
godtiermeme
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

My HTJ5500W is also doing this after five years. Needless to say we're not pleased, and my Dad would really like his sound back for Father's Day. Even if this was a sofware update, it's ridiculous that they'd release one that does something like this and not patch it by the end of the day. All you'd need to do is, I assume, create a patch that rolls back the last one.

userLpTNfCl2Nd
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same issue and Samsung has no solution. Guarantee it was a SW update gone bad. Hit everyone about the same day, so makes sense. Unplugged for 30 mins, same issue. No reset button, I feel that Samsung may be hosed on this one. But they will brush it off and say goodbye to lots of customers.

MrHamelin
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello there, definitly not solved, mine started to loop today, I'm in France... 

userxyA2h5jFfe
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

BD-J5700 Blu-Ray here.  Started the loop yesterday.  Unplugged the box and let it sit overnight, after all attempts to make it refresh failed.  It's going into the loop as soon as the Television is powered on.

AlexandreGarc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello there, definitly not solved, mine started to loop today, I'm in Brazil... 

Hoosiernorm
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Glad I found the Axiom story about this. Did they brick the device? 

0 Likes