SOUNDBAR REMOTE AND SMART TV REMOTE

(Topic created: 07-07-2023 07:59 AM)
Jack1202
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi everyone.
I would like to buy a Samsung soundbar.
I have, in the same room, a Smart TV and a Samsung M5 Monitor and I've always had problems using the remote control: when I try to turn on the TV, the monitor also turns on and the same happens in reverse.
Is there a risk of the same happening with the soundbar remote control?
I state that I would connect the soundbar with the optical cable to the TV and I wouldn't want to have it always on, I would turn it on only when I needed it.

Thank you very much and I await your reply.

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello, Jack. Thank you so much for your inquiry. Based on the connection, it shouldn’t turn on by itself unless prompted, or you have the universal remote set up. If you do connect the sound bar via HDMI, it will automatically turn on with the connected television or monitor dependent on which one is connected to it.

I can advise that with televisions and monitors when it comes to powering them on, they use an IR sensor, instead of the Bluetooth. Due to both being Samsung proprietary, all of them read the same IR signal, so if they are close in the vicinity of one another when the remote is used, this type of behavior is to be expected with both powering on/off. The only fix for that would be to separate the two.

Please feel free to reach out to our community if you have any other inquiries. We're here for you! â€‹