JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung HW-Q950A and Alexa built-in

(Topic created: 09-29-2022 10:02 PM)
atmosfan11
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I purchased a Samsung HW-Q950A soundbar in April 2022 (in the US) for our vacation home. Set it up and it worked beautifully, including the ability to use the "built-in" version of Alexa as a voice assistant. The advertising for this unit said it included Alexa built-in, and it worked as advertised. After two months in our vacation home, we left for three months, and on our return, Alexa no longer functioned at all. Researching thru various community forums I found several discussions re this issue, some particularly in Australia. Samsung's response on most of those posts was that this sound bar "works with" Alexa as opposed to having Alexa "built in". There is a significant difference between those two, and my experience was that Alexa worked very well for us initially as "built in" and believe me I know the difference. I have tried everything to get it back up and running, trying everything suggested on the forums to no avail. I'm wondering if Samsung took out the capability in some kind of update. It's very frustrating as it worked so well initially. Anyone else experience this? Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how not having this feature working can be frustrating. I would recommend trying the information in the link below to get this back working! If this does not help then I would recommend calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our smart things department! 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078932/

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how not having this feature working can be frustrating. I would recommend trying the information in the link below to get this back working! If this does not help then I would recommend calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our smart things department! 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078932/

0 Likes