JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Q900T - Spotify Issue

(Topic created: 01-31-2021 01:37 AM)
usertJ3KpkkWku
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My soundbar is connected via wifi to my spotify account. But my soundbar powers on without me actively turning it on. 

I listen to spotify on other devices (e.g. phone, laptop). I figured out that when I open the spotify app on my phone, it automatically turns on my soundbar and my sub. I want to turn this feature off. But I still want my soundbar connected to my spotify account. Music quality is better over wifi than bluetooth. 

Has anyone resolved this issue?

6 Replies
barabelum
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

hello I have the same problem when I am outside and I turn on Spotify in my car my sound bar turns on automatically It's really painful because the sound bar stays on all day ... Help please

0 Likes
userCGCTJ6XmnH
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same issue on Q800T

0 Likes
userBgkDAQ22e0
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

same problem here. Not just my phone, but also my laptop and ipad.

0 Likes
Solution
userBgkDAQ22e0
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just contacted spotify support and found the solution.

In spotify app, go to spotify connect device selection menu, forget the soundbar, then logout spotify app on all your devices, then login again.

It solves the problem for me, hope this help

0 Likes
userHbzra8H0V3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here on mac and iphone.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes