JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black stainless steel appliance exterior peeling

(Topic created: 11-09-2021 07:09 AM)
userSQEuT1pVfs
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My appliances are peeling, I'm pretty disappointed considering the amount of money I spent. I can't believe how poor quality they are, Samsung should be ashamed of selling low-quality products and ripping customers off, it's unacceptable and they need to take responsibility.

userKns4uERMHY
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You guys can count me in on this class action lawsuit, this is ridiculous that all of our appliances are peeling, we paid a premium to have nice things in our kitchen, only to look like <REMOVED>months later, this is stupid by Samsung.  Time for heads to roll and get this resolved!

useroB9GO0nFde
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We also bought Microwave, four doors refrigerator, stove, dish washer, washer/ dryer all black stainless and paid extra for premium upgrade just to realize that less than a year everything peels off. Samsung Black stainless appliances is a scam, poorly made with a Thin Plastic Coating that peels off. We would also like to join the lawsuit again Samsung. 

userP11JtJgvCT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

same problem, purchased range on October 2019, started peeling 4D9AF86B-AA5C-417B-8856-C4D68E0AD192.jpeg133C0320-E47A-4520-8CFA-119765C9D5B9.jpeg

userUpHdhJErop
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am so upset about this. I found the chipped paint in a pot of food on my stove today! This started last week and its getting worse every day. Now I cant clean the surface because it causes the paint to peel off more! I want to be included in the class action lawsuit. Lee v. Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
FILED: APRIL 21, 2021 ◆§ 4:21-CV-0132120211113_140558.jpg20211113_140550.jpg

DMontor
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought my set in September 2019 within 6 months I noticed the stove started peeling. I went to BestBuy and was told to call Samsung that even if I had the extended warranty that wouldn't cover the flaking of the "premium black stainless steel" I contacted Samsung and they considered it normal cosmetic wear and tear. If I really wanted to have a tech come out and check it I would have an invoice created for the visit. So I said I wasn't paying anyone. So they didn't set up the appointment

userLCZn8aA1X5
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchase so called black appliances for my kitchen remodel a few years ago and they are peeling like everyone else’s.  Samsung says it’s cosmetic but it’s not. It’s scamming people. Do not purchase these youll be sorry. They won’t do anything and there are several class action suits going on. But the lawyers will get that money and we will be stuck replace our own appliances. I couldn’t even give mine away if I wanted too.  Looks like I have to spend sum more of my hard earned money to purchase a different brand

user9aA3xYzTT7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just want to add to this list of disappointments with mine.  We've had our full suite of black stainless appliances for less than 1 month and the fridge already has two chips.  It's just my husband and I, no kids, have had no parties, have spent the last 3 weeks organizing our newly renovated kitchen, not barely even using it and our fridge is already peeling.  I've spent hours in circles with Samsung customer service, the parts department (they do not sell any touch up paint or product to slow the peeling), on line chats, and back on the phone being transferred around.  I am now trying to identify if there is any warranty to cover us but I'm doubting it based on how everyone else's cases are just being brushed off as "cosmetic" issues.  So unbelievably sad at all the money wasted on these defective products. 

vikkey
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Mine too!! Right around my stove handle! Now I'm afraid my fridge and dishwasher will start. This is ridiculous!
userjlFe9966LV
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I bought all new appliances when I retired two years ago. Thought I was all set for awhile. Now my stove and dishwasher are peeling and look a mess! I'm so disgusted.
user7FeYa1z8Xw
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Cheers to this thread. There appears to be a class action lawsuit in process, but if we are all real, none of are going to get sufficient recompence for the pains we're all experiencing. The only way any and all of us would be happy would be two-fold: 1) Samsung owns up to their faulty product and either replaces/remedies for the life of the product or 2) complete refund for replacement of the appliance(s). 

Like many others, I have a newly remodeled kitchen which has finish peeling/scratched on multiple appliances (fridge & oven)...knocking on wood on the others (microwave & dishwasher).