JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ice Maker releases ice when freezer door is open

(Topic created: 11-03-2022 07:03 AM)
usermZx9SkRnN2
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 3 door fridge with the bottom drawer ice maker. When we open the freezer door, the ice maker will actually release new ice causing it to fall behind the freezer drawer and skitter out onto the kitchen floor. I have reset the ice maker and confirmed that the bucket is not overly full (I’ve seen posts of over full buckets and ice falling out the back - this is not my issue. 

Shouldnt there be a sensor that knows when the door is open and prevents ice from releasing? Please help! 

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, We appreciate you posting about this. That would be very frustrating to have the ice maker dropping ice everywhere. It sounds like you've already been through all the troubleshooting steps we would recommend for this. The next step would be to have the ice maker serviced. If you are within the one year manufacturer warranty, please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message to get that set up. You'll need to include the model and serial number for your refrigerator. If you are outside the manufacturer warranty, you also have the option to use the following link to locate a service center near you. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location