JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refridgerator RF263BEAESR ; broken door bin.

(Topic created: 08-06-2020 11:56 AM)
user0SX1cjzTUO
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Purchased this  6/2019, but per Samsung  S/N states waranty expired in 3/2019, thts not even a year fro date of purchase, but granted it would be on this date or 8/2020.  My problem is one of the right sided door bins , which is 2 pieces, the part that actuall hooks to the door and the front clear piece that keep the items on/in the bin, keeps seperating and it appears at least the clear part is crack/missing a small portion of what keeps the 2 connected.  These bins are supposed to hold at least a gallon of mil at 8 pound, pluse morre, and i have a couple small jars of condiments and some beds and it broke.  This is after ONLY 1 YEAR, that should not happen, VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS. I tried working with Samsung customer support with no resolution (lack of help) and they actually suggested posting here though I have no idea what that will do.  I cannot afford a new bin right now, it appears to cost about $72, plus I assume shipping.  Seems a bit high for a door bin, so not sure what to do.  Just didnt expect it to break after over just a year, and a 8 month warant seems a bit odd., 90 day, 6 months and a year I've heard of, but 8 monts?

5 Replies
DaMinion
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Convoluted disconnect. Call them back. Do you have accurate documentation? Light them up. Consumer Satisfaction on properly documented warranty issues is arguably simple to prove. No reputable company, especially in today's Marketplace needs the anvil of bad press/post documenting what may actually be a design 'defect'.
0 Likes
user0SX1cjzTUO
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

SEveral calls, Chats, all ended up referring me to parts department to order it.....

0 Likes
user3Qy6CfPNJD
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Did you get this replaced?  I have now had TWO of mine break!! 

Two bins have cracked and brokenTwo bins have cracked and brokenIMG_0900.JPG

Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would love to look into this for you. Can you send me a copy of your Bill of Sale along with your serial number via private message?

Valid Bill of Sale will include:

• Store Location/Logo

• Date of purchase/delivery date

• Samsung Product Description

• Unit Price

• Total Amount Paid

• Payment Method

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Me, too.

I own the model RF263BEAESG/AA refrigerator.  I've had multiple issues with this fridge since purchase, including the "frozen ice maker" issue and the  "water under the crisper drawer" issue.  Samsung agreed to repair my fridge, even though it was out of warranty (thank you very much).

My latest issue is with the right door bin (Samsung p/n DA97-12650A).  22 months ago I replaced this bin at my cost with another OEM bin because the original cracked beyond repair.  Now less than 2 years later the replacement bin has cracked and is unusable. 

Samsung: This is another example of the fridge's poor design and I want a replacement bin sent at no cost to me.   You already have my Bill of Sale and s/n information from when I sent it earlier this year to fix the water under the crisper issue.

0 Likes