JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Water Dispenser Low Water Pressure.

(Topic created: 03-15-2020 12:08 PM)
userXQ6X3kn1mx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Water pressure at dispenser is low to non existent, I changed filter and the pressure dropped after a short period of time. I removed the filter altogether and dispenser has full pressure, so it is not low pressure to the unit.  This problem has been identified numerous times with multiple refrigerator models on this site but you make access to the solution impossible, why?  I just want to get my water dispenser to work properly. RFG297HDRS 

WHY WON'T YOU GIVE ACCESS TO THE SOLUTIONS????

2 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Remove the water filter and put it in again. 

The water filter will always reduce water pressure slightly, but when it reduces water pressure by a significant amount, that means it's time for a new water filter.

Caution: Use only Samsung brand water filters.

If the water line is kinked, unkink it and check for holes or damage to the line.
As long as the line is not damaged, further kinking in the same place can be prevented by wrapping duct tape around the kinked area.
If the line is damaged, it will need to be replaced.

Increase the water pressure.

Open the home's water supply valve more fully in order to increase water pressure. If the home's water supply valve is already open all the way, the home's water pressure is too low.

The refrigerator requires water pressure of at least 30 psi. Most city water is around 60 psi, however, filtering systems such as reverse osmosis can significantly reduce water pressure.

If the home has low water pressure, a booster pump may be needed to get the water pressure to the appropriate level. For further assistance, contact a plumber.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

- If the unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userX7z0iisRmq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Pretty rediculous that you cant admit the design flaws with the units.. pure garbage...