JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 09-18-2020 04:13 PM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

160 Replies
userTBwbcgKAYp
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

we have the same issue - it started 2 days ago with the update- I can't locate a way to unfreeze the screen-  I know this doesnt help you

Hal

userTHLXXtUo7A
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

same issue! Samsung authorized tech is charging 200 bucks just to come look plus P&L. This is complete BS. 

userwLv4AgCh0Y
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can't even get one to come out here. 

userR1QchXqcXs
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Was there a resolution to this?  Mine is doing the same thing. 

user4vERGr1Nyj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here I have bought many Samsung products in the past, but this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
usertX3NoZt7Hh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine an RF28HMEDBSR was triggered coming back on from a power outage. I don't appear to have a red switch on either door or any other openable compartment to hide a switch in. Is there an off switch for this model? The screen keeps blinking but the touchscreen is unresponsive. No error codes just the temp blinking and blinking..? 

0 Likes
userofYonza1qE
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is not an adequate solution and given the amount of issues, this looks like Samsung family hub fridges have defective manufacturing.

useruyHyvPtptE
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is bad for business

Have had this frigerator for 16 months 

and nothing but problems

First the fan went out then the touch screen on the frig.

How can I fix the touch screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@useruyHyvPtptE    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
flowerchld
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

None of these solutions worked for me. Here  is what DID. I turned off the screen (the red button above the door.) I then unplugged the fridge for 5 minutes.  Plugged the fridge back in and then turned on the screen with the button above the door.  This seemed to reboot the tablet in a way that either unplugging or turning off the screen alone did not. Hope this helps someone else!