JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ring cameras says need Software update but there is none!!??

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 03:04 PM)
DAE51D
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Today my family Hub shows this error message that I need to update the Ring software app to view the cameras (which have worked fine for the past year or two). Except there is no app update when I click that little button and there's no OS software update either!??!!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend reaching out to our SmartThings community using the following link: https://community.smartthings.com/. As they will be able to help with this furthur! 

View solution in context

13 Replies
GreenBL0X
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Happened to me too! Same model, however, I was NOT able to find a fix 😞
DAE51D
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Curious if you have the same versions of Ring app and OS shown above?
0 Likes
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
According to this description in the Galaxy Store, Family Hub has been discontinued and is no longer supported. It will work only on older model refrigerators. Newer refrigerators should use SmartThings instead.1707497179340.jpg1707497389919.jpg
0 Likes
DAE51D
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I'm using SmartThings on the phone. AFAIK the tablet on the fridge is called Family Hub. I know there was an old app named the same too; that was before I got this a year ago.

Also you can see Tizen 6.0 in one of my cam shots
0 Likes
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Did you get the download from the software update to the end? It was okay after downloading and installing.

0 Likes
DAE51D
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
WHAT update? I go to software updates daily and it hasn't done anything in almost a year. As per screenshots... can you compare your versions of OS and app to mine?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend reaching out to our SmartThings community using the following link: https://community.smartthings.com/. As they will be able to help with this furthur! 

rakeemrakeem
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

After the update of the Familyhub, the Smartthing video widget no longer shows the Ring video.

I bought this fridge for this use case, and now, Samsung suddenly shuts it down. Who would imagine a software upgrade will actually downgrade a feature??

This is unacceptable. 

When will this feature be deployed?

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@rakeemrakeem Have you reached out to Ring to see if they have a solution? It is very possible that they need to update their app/driver to support the latest update. 

0 Likes