JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My samsung remote control bn59-01296a, makes the volume get stuck in zero and no other buttons works!

(Topic created: 10-07-2023 03:37 AM)
Superman_X
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

My samsung remote control bn59-01296a, doesn't work, it is stuck lowering my volume to zero and no other button works, every time I press a different button it always shows de volume display at zero in my TV screen, I can't access any feature or smart feature from my TV, like the menu or reset the TV, because the remote just doesn't allow it, I have disconnected the TV for more than 5 minutes, tried to reset the control by removing the batteries and keeping the power button pressed and even tried pressing the return and play/pause buttons at the same time and nothing, can any one recomend me a universal remote control that would let my use all my smart TV features again, I can't use any apps I can't access the menu, the configuration menu, settings menu, I can't do anything, please someone help me, it is the worst to have a 70 inch smart TV, that doesn't have a remote control and which can really access the smart features which is why you buy a TV like this, I am definitely angry and frustrated, I thank everyone who might help or recommend a solution, really thank you for your help and time, bless you all!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello, Thank you for posting about this. I certainly understand your concerns about the remote not controlling the TV. I'll be more than delighted to assist you with this issue. Check if the remote is sending an IR signal.se the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control. If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, then replace the remote.

Here is a link you might find helpful:https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/#unable-to-turn-on-or-control-the-tv... 

View solution in context

2 Replies
JaxonDozier7
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Buy a new remote.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello, Thank you for posting about this. I certainly understand your concerns about the remote not controlling the TV. I'll be more than delighted to assist you with this issue. Check if the remote is sending an IR signal.se the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control. If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, then replace the remote.

Here is a link you might find helpful:https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/#unable-to-turn-on-or-control-the-tv...