JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Samsung TV Remote not controlling sound bar via optical cable

(Topic created: 07-11-2024 07:16 AM)
FenderCore
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I bought a Samsung curved TV in 2018 and a soundbar (HW-M360) and everything worked seamlessly for it. The TV would control the sound bar volume no worries.

Now I have Just bought a Samsung CU8000 UHD TV and have plugged it in the same way with an optical cable. However, the new remote is unable to control the soundbar. I see the icon popup to increase the volume but nothing happens. The weird thing is, that when I use the remote from my old TV, I can control the volume.

I managed to get it working briefly when I was turning off and on the devices, unplugging the cables and finally worked when I cycled through the sources. I left the house but when I came back it no longer worked and I am unable to replicate what I did previously. 

Why would the new remote not work but the existing remote work?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thanks so much for asking about this. Have you set up the new remote as a universal remote for devices connected to the TV? You can find details on how to do this here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00089902/

Please let us know if this helps. 

FenderCore
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thank you, this solved the issue. I couldn't find any information about this when searching for answers to my problem.

0 Likes