Original topic:

S90c freezing

(Topic created: 04-24-2024 06:56 AM)
userHHXK4fzn1W
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi,

I have a 2-week old S90c OLED that keeps freezing when watching movies in an app.  

I see this has been a common problem (with no solution from Samsung) on other TV’s.  Does anyone have any insight?

28 Replies
userHHXK4fzn1W
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I use Paramount+ almost everyday and haven’t had the issue.  It was Hallmark Channel that froze on me.  I don’t have ESPN+ or YoutubeTV.

0 Likes
Goutham123
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I have a samsung phone so the nice thing was i did screen cast for the rest of the game and it works just fine and no issues. So thats one of the reasons for me to get the samsung tv and now i am contemplating myself give it a chance or go for sony or LG.
0 Likes
Members_dniF1Pw
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Had the same screen freeze issue seen by others on my Samsung S90, while watching Paramount Plus (4K) last night. I have a wired Internet connection and the latest FW/APP updates. Ended up switching to the XFINITY box (1K) to watch the Super Bowl. What a let down. :((

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! With your TV freezing, I would recommend trying the steps in the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10000062/. Please let me know if this helped! 

0 Likes
kenmc
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
My tv totally freezes up when watching espn+. Only solution samsung has is to unplug the TV. Just what I want to do when watching live sports.
0 Likes
failsung69
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
The cbs live stream for March madness on Paramount+ keeps causing TV to completely freeze up. Looks like a common problem, highly disappointed to spend thousands on a TV with known issues and no solution. S90c 77.
0 Likes
jimcamella
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Similar problems.  Picture freezes when: 1) connected to cable box and 2) live streaming from Apple TV, and 3) Live over the air tv signal. Have tried reset by pulling the plug for 20+ minutes and reset to factory defaults. Sound also OCCASIONALLY freezes with tv picture, but not always. No other problems. Very frustrating. 
I have tried https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10000062/

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thanks for letting us know. For anyone that is only having issues with one app, we recommend reaching out to the app developer for further assistance. However, it sounds like most of you are experiencing issues with multiple apps and devices. If the troubleshooting steps previously provided did not resolve the issue, we recommend setting up service as the next step. There are a few service options based on your warranty status. 
If you’re in the one-year manufacturer’s warranty, please gather together the full model and serial number of your unit, and have ready your name, street address, 2 phone numbers (Best contact, alternative number), email, and place of purchase. Provide this information to an agent, in one of the following options below:
1.) Reach out to a Moderator directly, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above.
2.) Reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread.
3.) You can also contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.
4.) Last, if you wish to speak with a live agent and don’t want to call in, you can reach out to our Live Chat team. 
If you’re out of the one-year manufacturer’s warranty: 
1. You can utilize this link to locate an authorized service center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: http://www.Samsung.com/us/support/service/location or reach out to any local repair shop.
2. The other option, would be a replacement of the unit. Samsung.com offers amazing deals on different models that may be to your liking, check out those deals here: